- Need a SQL Server Database Schema Diff tool and would really like an open source one? Check out Open DBDiff - Greg Duncan highlights Open DBDiff a database comparison utility which allows you to easily compare schema of SQL Server 2005 and 2008 databases
- MVC Style parameter binding for WebAPI - Mike Stall continues his series of posts looking at binding in WebAPI, looking in this post at the IActionValueBinder implementation ‘MvcActionValueBinder’ which provides MVC style parameter binding
- ASP.NET MVC Authentication - Global Authentication and Allow Anonymous - Jon Galloway kicks off a new blog post series looking at a variety of common questions, tips, and tricks regarding ASP.NET MVC. This first post in the series takes a look at Global Authentication, tracing the functionality back through the releases of ASP.NET MVC.
- Use the source, don’t read it - Inside 233 has an excellent little (hand written/drawn) guide to how you should best make use of the source access that open source gives you, discussing a number of useful approaches to ‘reading’ and comprehending source code.
- Who knows Enumerable.Range(…)? - Andreas Gieriet highlights the much underused Enumerable.Range method for generating sequences of numbers in a range - a nice readable alternative to the standard for syntax.
- MEF 2 Preview Beginners Guide - Dean Oliver gives a nice beginners overview to some of the new features which are planned to be included in the MEF (Mananged Extensibility Framework) 2 release.
- I was going to call this post ‘Windows Azure Best Practices’ but I’m not allowed to - Despite not being officially called ‘Best Practices’ Buck Woody shares a number of good tips for making the most of Windows Azure and ensuring that your applications and code work as well as possible.
- Custom errors and error detail policy in ASP.NET Web API - Jimmy Bogard shares some tips on how you can get full exception information out of the ASP.NET Web API using the IncludeErrorDetailPolicy.