- New cumulative updates for SQL Server 2008 R2 (RTM & SP1) are available! – Aaron Bertrand highlights the release of two new cumulative update packs for SQL Server 2008 R2 – one taking the RTM release up to date, and the other working on installations which have been patched with SP1.
- ASP.NET 4.5 Beta Free Hosting Account For Testing – Cytanium, a web hosting company announce their plans to give free .NET 4.5 hosting during the beta period allowing you to try out running applications in the wild using .NET 4.5
- TestCoverage – Martin Fowler discusses the myths of code when it comes to testing, discussing and debunking them, along with looking at what code coverage should mean and be used for.
- IIS Cache Settings to Improve Site Performance – Brad Kingsley discusses how you can easily turn on cache headers for your web content using IIS to allow browsers to cache copies of the files locally to speed up browsing.
- JSON Light Sample Payloads – The WCF Data Services Team are looking for some feedback on their proposed JSON Light format, and have compiled a collection of samples to illustrate their proposal. If you have some interest in this area take a look and give them some comments.
- Reclaiming memory from Metro style apps – Steven Sinofsky shares a post from Bill Karagounis discussing some detail about memory management in Windows 8 Metro Style applications, how they go about controlling memory use and reclaiming memory.
Comments Off on The Morning Brew #1087