- TFS 11 Power Tools Beta Available - Brian Harry announces the availability of the TFS 11 Power Tools Beta. This release integrates with Visual Studio 11 beta and adds a collection of Power tools (extensions to Team Explorer, CommandLine and Windows Shell, process template editor, best practices analyzer), build extensions, and Version Control Integration.
- First Release of SSDT Power Tools - Janet Yeilding announces the first release of the SQL Server Data Tools Power Tools, a collection of extensions to the SQL Server tooling. This release focuses on improving the tooling’s features for viewing schema.
- Release Candidates of Application Initialization and Dynamic IP Restrictions Released - Andrew Westgarth highlights the release candidate releases of two IIS Extensions. Application Initialization for IIS 7.5 is the replacements for the Application Warmup beta extension, and provides a means pre-starting applications on the server, and Dynamic IP Restrictions for IIS7/7.5 provides advanced Denial of Service attack and brute force attack protection.
- MSDN Magazine: April 2012 - The April edition of MSDN Magazine is now available to read online. This month MSDN Magazine welcomes Scriptjunkie under its wing, and features articles looking at CSS3 Media Queries, Kinect, T4 Templates, Windows Workflow integration with Office docs, .NET 4.5, and lots more.
- .NET Versioning and Multi-Targeting - .NET 4.5 is an in-place upgrade to .NET 4.0 - Scott Hanselman discusses the differences between different .NET releases, looking at how .NET 4.5 is an in-place upgrade to .NET 4 (much like 3.5 was), showing how the tooling and CLR support this model.
- Working with Forks on GitHub or CodePlex - Jimmy Bogard gives an overview of forking projects which use Git has their Version Control, as the first stage in contributing back to a project. This use of Git has increasing importance in the .NET world with the new support for Git on CodePlex and the Open Source release of large parts of the ASP.NET Stack.
- Making your ASP.NET Web API’s secure - John V. Petersen takes a look at securing WebAPI implemented services, exploring public / private key based tokens and HTTPS.
- Creating a JSONP Formatter for ASP.NET Web API - Rick Strahl shares a look at implementing a JSONP formatter for ASP.NET WebAPI based services, allowing you to consume the data from other domains in your client side implementation.
- RabbitMQ for Windows: Direct Exchanges - Derek Greer continues his series exploring the use of Rabbit MQ on the Windows Platform, carrying on with discussion of the different types of message exchange provided, exploring the direct exchange type in more detail.
- What’s new with T4 in Visual Studio 11 Beta? - Gareth Jones shares a few o the significant new features of T4 Templates in the Visual Studio 11 Beta release, focusing on the new features added since the developer preview. Be sure to check out his previous post to get all the details of everything new.