Congratulations to the new and renewed MVPs on the April award cycle. Sadly I’m not amongst you bringing my 2 year run as an ASP.NET MVP to an end. Its been a great experience, I’ve met lots of wonderful, clever and inspirational people, and I’d like to take this opportunity to thank the ASP.NET Team, MVP Award Programme and Microsoft for making these last two years special.
- MVVM Light V4b1 for Windows 8 Consumer Preview (with installer) - Laurent Bugnion announces the release of a new version of his MVVM Light framework which targets Windows 8 Consumer Preview
- Release of Azure Fluent Management v0.1 library - Richard Conway and Andy Cross announce their first release of Azure Fluent Management, a fluent library which encapsulates many Azure management tasks including, creating hosted services, deployment, and altering instance counts.
- Tips to avoid deadlocks in Entity Framework applications - Diego B Vega shares some tips about controlling and avoiding deadlock situations when working on applications which access data through Entity Framework, discussing transaction isolation level and the order of operations being performed on the database.
- Dependency Injection in ASP.NET Web API using Autofac - Shiju Varghese takes a look at how you can wire up AutoFac into the ASP.NET Web API, using a NuGet package and some bootstrap code to have all your API controllers populated using dependency injection.
- Sneak Preview - New CodePlex UI - Mark Groves shares a taster of the new look CodePlex site, showing how it too is being ‘metroed’ and given a refreshing new look.
- Async/Await Could Be Better - Paulo Zemek takes a look at the Async / Await functionality in C# 5 and explores how it could be different (or better, depending on your view point) if it used real cooperative threading.
- "Done". "Done Done". When is a feature really done? - Vassil Terziev discusses the variety of definitions of ‘Done’ that get used in our industry when talking about the completeness of a new feature.
- Want to Hear About IIS8? - Friend of the Brew and IIS MVP Andrew Westgarth will be visiting the Manchester NxtGenUG with a session looking at the next version of IIS included in Windows Server 8. on the evening of Wednesday 18th April