- Releasing the community edition of SymbolSource – Marcin Miko?ajczak announces the release ofSymbolSource.Basic, a self hostable version of the SymbolSource server which allows you to host your own private symbol and source server, in much the same way as Symbol Source does for public packages. The release is available as a NuGet package, allowing you to easily obtain and set up your own instance.
- Reactive Extensions v2.0 Beta available now! – Bart De Smet makes the official announcement of the beta release of the Reactive Extensions 2.0 in this very detailed post discussing all the changes and improvements.. This release targets .NET 4.5 beta, .NET 4.5 beta for Metro Apps, Silverlight 5 and Windows Phone 7.1 and is available as a SDK installer, and also as a NuGet package.
- Updated Release of Windows Azure Toolkit for Windows 8 Consumer Preview – Nick Harris announces the release of an update to the Windows Azure Toolkit for Windows 8, a collection of project templates, NuGet packages, samples and documentation to assist you in creating Windows 8 Metro style applications whcih utilise cloud functionality.
- .NET 4.5 is an in-place replacement for .NET 4.0 – Rick Strahl discusses what the .NET 4.5 release means for .NET 4.0, and how it is an in-place replacement, looking at the versions of assemblies after installation, and also what this means for you developing against .NET 4.0 when 4.5 is installed.
- The NuGet Problem – Ayende discusses composite application frameworks and their NuGet packages, looking at how choosing the right granularity for the packages you put functionality in is a difficult decision. Good discussion in the comments of this one.
- Visual Studio 11 Beta Performance Part #2 – Larry Sullivan continues discussion of the performance improvements made in Visual Studio 11 Beta, discussing the work done and the implementation behind the quicker loading of solutions.
- What’s new for MSTest unit tests in Visual Studio 11 Beta – Abhishek Agrawal discusses the changes made to the MSTest testing framework in the Visual Studio 11 Beta release, discussing performance, compatibility, Express edition support, Async and Windows 8 Metro testing capabilities and 64bit support.
- 2/29/****: The case of the missing data point and the curious thing a Leap Year is & Time is hard – John V Petersen and Emil Gustafsson discuss the complexities of working with Date and Time, and especially the problems that leap years can cause.
- Authoring a new Visual studio unit test adapter – Bhuvaneshwari K looks at the implementation of a custom Test Adapter for Visual Studio 11 beta, discussing how you go about plugging in alternative test frameworks into the Visual Studio IDE testing features, and shares a sample implementation.