- WCF Extensibility – Wrapping up – Carlos Figueira wraps up his huge series of posts looking at all aspects of WCF extensibility. I’ve featured a few of Carlos’ 40+ posts on this subject, and now that the series is finished it is a great time to read the whole lot as a single work.
- Announcing Reduced Pricing on SQL Azure and New 100MB Database Option – Steven Martin announces new pricing for SQL Azure Databases, with significant reductions across all sizes of SQL Azure databases (savings >50%), and also the introduction of a 100MB database size to help people get started at a lower entry cost.
- Sneak Preview: Entity Framework 5.0 Performance Improvements – The Entity Framework Team give a taste of some of the performance improvements they have been making to Entity Framework which will be included in the 5.0 release.
- Quick fun with Mono’s CSharp compiler as a service – David Ebbo takes a look at a not too widely known feature of the Mono implementation of .NET – the fact that it contains a Compiler as a service implementation for C#, and has done for a while. David takes it for a spin in this post, and looks at where it currently holds the advantage over Roslyn.
- A List Apart No. 344: the new Webkit monoculture – Jeffrey Zeldman highlights the latest edition of A List Apart which looks at the recent discussions about vendor prefixes in CSS, with articles from Eric Meyer, Tantek Çelik and Lea Verou
- 31 Weeks of Windows Phone Metro Design | 14 Using the Windows Phone App Bar – Arturo Toledo continues his series of Windows Phone Metro Design discussion with a look at the use and design of features using the Windows Phone App Bar in its variety of forms.
- WP7 Sample: An Accelerator-based App in 5 Minutes – &
- Proven Marketing Strategies to Promote your Windows Phone App – Jerry Nixon shares another instalment of his Windows Phone 7 Samples series taking a look at building a simple application which uses the Accelerator sensor. Jerry also highlights a whitepaper from the folks at Telerik which discusses marketing your Windows Phone applications on the Marketplace.
- Threading in PowerShell – Oliver Mantl discusses some advanced PowerShell, looking at how you can take advantage of .NET 4 in PowerShell, and exploring threading within PowerShell.
- Functional Programming eXchange 2012, March 16, 2012, London – Don Syme highlights the 3rd Functional Programming eXchange event to be held in conjunction with Skillls Matter. This event features many big names of the Functional Programming world and covers many different functional languages. Tickets are on sale now for the very reasonable £195
- Skills Matter : Agile Testing UK:Powershell Workshop – Skills Matter are also hosting a Free Evening Event with the Agile Testing Group where Chris Guest will be looking at the use of PowerShell in scripting on the evening of Monday 27th February.