- SourceForge.net: SharpDevelop: News - The team behind SharpDevelop announce the beta release of SharpDevelop 4.2, which includes support for ASP.NET MVC3 development, Code Quality Analysis, a refreshed UI, along with all te other features from previous releases.
- Python Tools for Visual Studio - Download: 1.1 - The Python Tools team announce their latest release. Python Tools 1.1 introduces python integration for more of the core Visual Studio IDE functionality, a few new sample applications, improvements to the Debugger, REPL and project structure.
- Json.NET 4.0 Release 8 - Bug fixes - James Newton-King announces the latest bug fix release to JSON.NET. This release addresses all currently know bugs, removes the strong naming of the Windows Phone and Silverlight assemblies and adds a few other minor improvements.
- Building Async Coordination Primitives, Part 1: AsyncManualResetEvent , Part 2: AsyncAutoResetEvent, Part 3: AsyncCountdownEvent , Part 4: AsyncBarrier, Part 5: AsyncSemaphore, Part 6: AsyncLock & Part 7: AsyncReaderWriterLock - Stephen Toub goes on a blog post marathon with 7 great posts looking at some of the core synchronisation primitives in the and how they can be implemented and combined with the Task-based Async Pattern
- Hacking the browser cache with JQuery and ASP.NET MVC - Pablo M. Cibraro (aka Cibrax) - Pablo M. Cibraro takes a look at controlling the caching of data being requested using ajax calls from jQuery, discussing the key features available to control caching and give your applications a performance boost.
- Studioshell more PowerShell for Visual studio - Christiaan Baes highlights the StudioShell extension which brings enhanced PowerShell capabilities into the Visual Studio IDE, allowing you to make use of extensions such as posh-git from within the IDE.
- Introducing Knockout Hotkeys - Matt Brailsford discusses Knockout.js, and discusses the creation of Knockout hotkeys, an extension which brings easy hotkey support to you knockout client side MVVM applications.
- Find the jQuery Bug #4: Animations Gone Wild - Elijah Manor continues his series looking at common bugs people introduce into their jQuery code, taking a look at when your animations go bad.
- The economics of continuous deployment - Ayede shares in interesting post discussing the economics of software development and the impact that continuous deployment has had on the revenue generated by his profiler projects.
- WP7 Sample: Use Location Services *and* get Certified! - Jerry Nixon continues his Windows Phone 7 Samples series with a discussion of the use of Location Services in your application and some of the additional requirements this introduces for your market place submission.
- Background audio in Windows Phone 7.5 (Part 1), Part 2 & Part 3 - The Windows Phone Centre of Excellence blog features an article series from Paul Annetts on the use of background audio on the Windows Phone device allowing your application to continue playing sound when the application is closed.