- Announcing The New SQL Azure Data Sync CTP Release - The Windows Azure Team announce the release of the next SQL Azure Data Sync CTP, now available for trial via the Windows Azure Management Portal and brings improved configuration and management, improvements to filtering and syncing and general availability with no additional registrations.
- The C# Yellow Book gets a 2011 refresh… - Greg Duncan highlights the 2011 update to Rob Miles’ C# Yellow Book. This update is a minor one, with some corrections to existing content in the book.
- Upcoming Mono Releases: Change in Policies - Miguel de Icaza shares some of the details of what’s new in Mono 2.11 and discusses the team’s release plans including a change in focus towards quicker feature development.
- Introducing the OData Library - Shayne Burgess discusses the new standalone OData library included as a part of the latest CTP release of the WCF Data Services, looking at using the library to read and write data
- The Dangers of Implementing Recurring Background Tasks In ASP.NET - Phil Haack discusses the practice of running background tasks as a part of your web application out of request scope, looking at the potential dangers of doing such things and exploring some of the things you can do to make it safer.
- The Weekly Source Code 59 - An Open Source Treasure: Irony .NET Language Implementation Kit - Scott Hanselman picks up his weekly source code series of posts looking at the Irony .NET Language implementation kit, a little know library which provides the ability to implement grammars of a variety of languages (including creating your own)
- FubuMVC - Action discovery - Josh Arnold continues his series looking at various aspects of FubuMVC, discussing the process used for discovering action methods in your implementation
- Prevent ASP.NET cookies from being sent on every css, js, image request - Omar Al Zabir shares a trick for helping improve your web applications performance (and reduce hosting costs) by serving your static resources from a different host to avoid cookies being sent back and forth with the content requests.
- SVG Filter Effects in IE10 - Jennifer Yu gives an introduction to the use of SVG Filters to create effects in SVG images and discusses their support in the latest build of Internet Explorer 10
- Azure Table Storage Performance Considerations - Dario Solera discusses some of the performance characteristics of Azure Table Storage discussing the different types of queries which can be executed.
- Open Kernel Crash Dumps in Visual Studio 11 - Sasha Goldshtein highlights the low level debugging experience you can have in Visual Studio 11 with the Windows Driver Kit is installed on top of the VS11 installation.
- JQuery Templates/View Engines in ASP.NET MVC - Jovan Popovic takes a look at using client side templating to create client side views using a variety of methods including jQuery Templates and Pure
- Moving to Azure: Static Assets - ViNull, Off the Record - Michael C. Neel discusses how youc an move over to using Windows Azure to host your static resources to get performance and cost benefits along with starting your migration to cloud based computing.
- New Line of Business Features in Silverlight 5 -Debugging Bindings in XAML - Dan Wahlin continues his series looking at the features in Silverlight 5 which are of most interest to line of business application developers taking a quick look at the ability to debug bindings.
- Meet the 10K Apart Winners - Jeffrey Zeldman highlights the winners of the 10K Apart competition where the challenge was to build a responsive and inspiring web application in under 10K of images, scripts and markup
- The New Series of the Windows Azure Bootcamp UK Continues in London & Edinburgh! - Planky highlights the opening of registration for the next two Windows Azure Bootcamps to be run in the UK, in Edinburgh on Firday 11th November and London on Firday 25th November. These bootcamp events provide an excelent way to get up to speed on Windows Azure. Places are limited to register now if you are interested.