- Problems with NuGet Today? - Phil Haack highlights an expired certificate on go.microsoft.com which may cause you problems when using NuGet with the standard feed address, and shares the direct package feed link you can use in its place to work around the issue.
- Backbone.js: Getting The Model For A Clicked Element - Derick Bailey continues his series exploring the Backbone.js library for constructing rich browser based applications, discussing the use of data-ID attributes to allow you to work out which element th user is actually manipulating.
- KnockoutJS Custom Binding for Invoking an Action with Enter Key - Steve Michelotti discusses the use of KnockoutJS for creating rich browser based applications, taking a look at how the framework was designed for extension and putting some of the extension points to work to provide a means of firing actions with the enter key.
- "Introducing Microsoft SQL Server Code Name ‘Denali’" Free (draft two chapter preview) eBook - Greg Duncan highlights a preview of two chapters from a forthcoming book on the next release of SQL Server.
- WinRT Transitions- Creating Fast and Fluid Metro UIs - Colin Eberhardt takes a look at building User Interface Transitions in WinRT making a good user experience for your Metro Style applications without the use of story boards.
- Event Sourcing as a strategic advantage - Jimmy Bogard discusses the strategic aspect of adopting Event Sourcing and Domain Driven Development and the importance of thinking carefuly about how your domain structure is created.
- Your Browser Matters - Terry Zink highlights the launch of Microsoft’s new ‘Your Browser Matters’ site which attempts to inform browser users about the relative security level offered by their browser of choice.
- Aberdeen Developers .Net User Group - November Meeting - The Aberdeen Developers .NET User Group welcome Gill Cleeren for a session on the evening of Thursday 24th November where Gill will be looking at WinRT and Metro style application development for Windows 8 and using Silverlight 5 for Line of Business Applications
- Windows Azure and Phone ‘Mango’ Live MSDN Chats for 10/12 through 11/30/2011 - Roger Jennings highlights a series of online events being held throughout October and November looking at a variety of developer topics around Azure and Windows Phone. The events are on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, starting today, at 8am PST.