- AutoMapper 2.0 Released – Jimmy Bogard announces the release of AutoMapper 2.0. his new version targets .NET 4 and supports its use in Silverlight 4, improved support for mapping inheritance structures, along with enhancing many of the existing features too.
- Code First Migrations: Alpha 3 Released – The ADO.NET Entity Framework Team announce the release of their 3rd preview release of the Entity Framework Code First Migrations project. This release focuses again on the development time features, and makes some progress in the deployment stories they hope to implement. As always, the team are keen to hear your feedback.
- Writing a Recipe for ASP.NET MVC 4 Developer Preview – Phil Haack introduces the concept of Recipes in ASP.NET MVC4, as a GUI implementation of the kinds of commands that NuGet packages can add, taking a look at creating your own recipes to help automate tasks
- C#/.NET Little Wonders: String Padding and Trimming – Not Just for Spaces! – James Michael Hare continues his Little Wonders series with a look at some more of the string functions which allow you to pad and trim strings, and looks at some of the less well known overloads which support more complex cases.
- Dependency Injection Is NOT The Same As The Dependency Inversion Principle – Derick Bailey discusses the often missed difference between the Dependency Injection and Dependency Inversion, drawing on some content from an article he wrote for CODE magazine.
- Windows Phone eBook 1st Edition Published – Mike Ormond announces the publication of the community written E-Book he has produced with help fro the Windows Phone Developer community. The ebook is available for free in PDF format and can be cheaply purchased in print format and features content from over 10 developers.
- Page Inspector for Visual Studio 11 Developer Preview – Jorge Gabuardi Gonzalez takes a look at the features of the new Page Inspector included in the Developer Preview of Visual Studio 11 which provides improved capabilities for decomposing web pages and helping you diagnose problems in your web applications.
- Debugging Tools Survival Guide – Sebastian Dau shares a nice overview of the various debugging tools available for debugging .NET applications, looking at the different scenarios each is suitable for.
- Using Any Test Framework in VS11 – Jason Bock discusses the support for different test frameworks in Visual Studio 11 Developer Preview, highlighting some work by Brad Wilson on a Prototype xUnit.net Visual Studio 11 Unit Testing Plugin which brings xUnit.NET tests into the Visual Studio IDE.
- TFS 2011 Code review missing features! – Tarun Arora takes a look at the Code Review support in TFS 11 Developer Preview, highlighting some of the areas where there are possible gaps in the product.
- [Humor] Geek Guide to Geeks – Greg Duncan highlights an amusing spotters guide to the 56 types of geek – which one(s) best summarise you and your colleagues?