Lots and lots of good stuff posted yesterday – so much so I ran out of time preparing today’s edition so will include the good stuff over the next few days…
//Build Developer Announcements
- Announcing Visual Studio 11 Developer Preview – Jason Zander shares the announcement of the Visual Studio 11 Developer Preview release – available now to MSDN Subscribers, and as general availability from Friday 10am PDT. Visual Studio 11 brings with it a number of new features (some brought in from successful extensions), and supports the full range of development, including Metro Apps, Games, new unit testing functionality, and support for the .NET Framework 4.5
- BUILD Conference: the Jason Zander interview – Julian Bucknall shares a DevExpress video interview wih Jason Zander where he discusses the new features of Visual Studio 11.
- Get the scoop on the ASP.NET 4.5, ASP.NET MVC 4, ASP.NET Web Pages 2, and Visual Studio 11 Developer Previews – Jon Galloway shares a great collection of links about all aspects of the ASP.NET 4.5, ASP.NET MVC 4, ASP.NET Web Pages 2 and Visual Studio 11 releases, linking out to the official announcements of all the new features.
- ASP.NET MVC 4 Developer Preview Released – Phil Haack announce the release of the Developer Preview of ASP.NET MVC4. This new release can run along side the ASP.NET MVC3 release, includes NuGet 1.5, is available in NuGet Package format, and includes lots of great features as outlined in the ASP.NET MVC 4 Release Notes
- .NET 4.5 now includes the core AntiXSS functions – Barry Dorrans highlights the inclusion of the AntiXSS functions from the version 4 of the AntiXSS Library in the ASP.NET 4.5 preview release
- F# 3.0 Developer Preview Now Available! – The Visual Studio F# Team Blog announce the release of F# 3.0 Developer Preview as a part of the Visual Studio 11 & .NET 4.5 Developer Preview Releases, discussing some of the new features of this major release of the language.
- JUST ANNOUNCED @ BUILD: New Windows Azure Toolkit for Windows 8, Windows Azure SDK 1.5, Geo-Replication for Windows Azure Storage, and More – The Windows Azure Team announce the release of the Windows Azure Toolkit for Windows 8 and the Windows Azure SDK 1.5 at //Build. More details of the Windows Azure Toolkit for Windows 8 can found in ANNOUNCING the Windows Azure Toolkit for Windows 8
//Build – General and Windows 8
- Metro style browsing: one engine, two experiences, no compromises & Metro style browsing and plug-in free HTML5 – Steven Sinofsky discusses more about the Windows Metro Experience in Windows 8 discussing the different modes of web browsing in Windows 8, looking at some of the features, and how it has been optimized to improve performance and battery life
- From Soup to Nuts: Using VirtualBox with Windows 8 Developer Preview – Michael Crump shares a Step By Step walk through of the process of installing the Windows 8 Developer preview inside the VirtualBox Virtual Machine platform.
- How to create a bootable USB flash drive to install Windows 8 Developer Preview – Habib Heydarian walks through the process of making a bootable USB Flash Drive to install the Windows 8 Developer Preview on a physical machine.
- Windows 8 Server: Screenshots + What’s new – Owen Williams shares some screen shots of the Windows 8 Server, showing some of the new features of the server version of the OS.
- A round up of the days summary posts from a variety of authors:
- Windows 8, Metro and IE10: First impressions – Charles Young shares his intial impressions of the Windows 8 Developer Preview
- Thoughts on Windows 8 (part 2) – Mike Hadlow follows up on a post from a few month ago wich discussed the intial Window 8 Announcements, taking a look at what has changed in the Developer Story for Windows 8 applications.
- Fiddler and Windows 8 Metro-style applications – Eric Lawrence discusses getting Fiddle up and running with Metro based Windows 8 applications, walking through the required configuration to allow Fiddler to intercept the web traffic of these applications.
- Using ACS in Metro Style Applications – Vibro.NET – Site Home – MSDN Blogs – Vittorio Bertocci discusses in detail the use of the ACS apis in your Windows 8 Metro applications, highlighting the functionality included in some demonstration applications.
- Maidenhead SQL Server User Group – The first meeting of the Maidenhead SQL Server User Group is happening on the evening of Tuesday 4th October. The event will have 2 presentations (stillTBC) and provide an opportunity to meet your fellow SQL professionals.
- "Functional Alchemy" and "CoffeeScript 101" – Scottish Developer welcom Mark Rendle for two sessions ‘Functional Alchemy: Tricks to keep your C# DRY’ and ‘CoffeeScript 101′ on Tuesday 11th October.