- Welcome to Windows 8 - The Developer Preview - Steven Sinofsky announced the release of a Developer Preview of Windows 8 yesterday at the //build conference, available to download now.
- Windows 8 Developer Preview with tools available for download - SQLDenis shares the details of the various downloads of the Windows 8 Developer Preview and associated developer tooling generally available and those available for MSDN subscribers.
- Guide to Installing and Booting Windows 8 Developer Preview off a VHD (Virtual Hard Disk) - Scott Hanselman gives a walk through installing the Windows 8 Developer Preview using the Boot from VHD functionality, allowing a dual boot with an existing Windows 7 installation.
- Experiencing Windows 8 touch on Windows 7 hardware - Steven Sinofsky discusses the touch hardware aspects of Windows 8, and some of the devices which are supported by the Developer Preview allowing you to get to grips with the touch aspects of the new OS.
- You need to have hardware virtualization enabled if you want to run Windows 8 in Virtual Box - SQLDenis also highlights the need for hardware CPU virtualisation support for running the Windows 8 Developer Preview in a virtual machine through VirtualBox, and show how you can verify your hardware does.
- How and where to download the Windows 8 Windows Developer Preview, watch the BUILD Day 1 keynote replay, access information, and much more - Eric Ligman shares a nice collection of Windows 8 links and some other //build related content, including fact sheets on Windows 8, Press Releases, Windows 8 Team blog posts and much more.
- Windows 8 Announcement Executive Summary & Some Thoughts on Windows 8 - Sasha Goldshtein shares an overview of the Windows 8 announcement, along with sharing some of his thoughts on the new platform.
- BUILDing the Future with Visual Studio - & Expression Blend for HTML - Somasegar puts a developer spin on the first day of the //build conference, highlighting the inclusion of Visual Studio 11 Express as a part of the Windows 8 Developer Tools and a new edition of Expression Blend for building HTML based applications.
- The Windows 8 Developer Ecosystem - Chris Eargle highlights a slide from the //build keynote discussing the developer eco system for Windows 8 Development showing how the various technologies fit together.
Lots of people are writing up their experiences of the //build conference - here are some of them:
- BUILD conference - day 1 - Gabriel Schenker
- //build Keynote: The New App Platform and Tools - The UX Thread
- Tuesday Keynote @ Build Windows 8 - Mike Kelly
- //Build/ Day 1 - How to Create a Successful Metro App with Jensen Harris - Darcy Lussier
- Bullet Points from Build - Day 1 and my thoughts - Michael Crump
- //build conference in Anaheim: Keynote notes #bldwin - Laurent Bugnion
- BUILD Day 1 Keynote / Reveal: First thoughts - Bill Wagner
- jQuery 1.6.4 Released - John Resig announces the official release of jQuery 1.6.4, an update release, fixing some minor issues with the 1.6 release series.
- TouchDevelop v2.2: tutorial mode, improved code editor, events - Nikolai Tillmann announces a new release of TouchDevelop. Version 2.2 includes a nice tutorial mode which helps you get started with TouchDevelop, improves the code editor and brings support for events, allowing you to write event driven code.
- Windows Phone Power Tools - orena announces the release of ‘Windows Phone Power Tools’, an open source project (hosted on hich enables developers to access the phone, update developer xaps, and explore isolated .
- CPU Throttling for ASP.NET Asynchronous Scenarios in vNext - Jose Reyes discusses a features coming in ASP.NET vNext which will allow you to control the CPU use of requests to better handle high load while maintaining throughput.
- Windows Developer Preview: The Third IE10 Platform Preview - Dean Hachamovitch announces the 3rd preview release of Internet Explorer 10, included in the Windows 8 Developer Preview, highlighting new and updated demos which show off its capabilities.
- Resources For, And How I Learned Backbone.js - Derick Bailey answers a number of questions from Mark Muskardin about how he got to know backbone.js, the resources he recommends and other useful advice for those looking to get started with Backbone.js.
- The PowerShell Magazine Launches - Doug Finke highlights the launch of PowerShell Magazine, a new free publication for which his is both a founder and editor which will focus exclusively on PowerShell.