- MonoDevelop 2.6 is out – Miguel de Icaza announces the release of MonoDevelop 2.6, a significant release with a good number of new features included, including Mac application development support, integrated support for Git, and the combining and standardising of the editor used across a number of platforms.
- Expression Blend Preview for Silverlight 5 – Mike Taulty highlights the corresponding Expression Blend Preview release to go along with the Silverlight 5 RC release.
- Used to be addicted to Command and Conquer and C&C:Red Alert? What if I was to tell you about a free, open source clone? And that it was written in C#? – Greg Duncan highlights the availability of a Command and Conquer clone, developed entirely in C# and made available as open source, with the source code available over on the projects GitHub account.
- What is this thing you call a "type"? Part Two – Eric Lippert continues his mini-series taking a look at the meaning of ‘type’, discussing what he means by ‘type’ from his point of view as a compiler developer.
- Building forms for deep View Model graphs in ASP.NET MVC – Jimmy Bogard takes a look at the use of lambdas in strongly typed ASP.NET MVC 2 helpers and templated helpers allowing us to build forms in our applications for complex nested models.
- The Pragmatic Bookshelf – The Pragmatic Bookshelf announce the availability of the September edition of their magazine ‘PragPub’ which this month focuses on the Scala Programming Language.
- Become a Good Programmer in Six Really Hard Steps – ApochPiQ discusses 6 steps which will take significant effort and time but will lead you towards being a better developer. Good discussion of these steps in the comments on this one too.
- See My Stack Overflow Dev Days Talk – Rob Pickering highlights a chance for you to see his session originally intended for the now cancelled Stack Overflow DevDays event in London, which you can now see at Skills Matter as an ‘In the brain of’ session on Tuesday 1 November.
- RavenDB Webinar – Ayende is trialling a regularly scheduled RavenDB webinar event, with a first test event scheduled for today (Thursday) between 5 and 6pm (UK).
- 2 Days of Free SQL Server Training! – Natasha Zaza highlights 24 free hour long webcasts from the SQL PASS team giving a taste of that is to come in the conference, starting today (Thursday) at 12pm GMT until midnight, with the second 13 webcasts coming tomorrow.
- "Building Applications for Windows Phone ‘Mango’ Jump Start" sessions are now available on-demand on Channel 9 – Greg Duncan highlights the availability of the recording of the sessions from the Windows Phone Mango Jumpstart event from Rob Miles and Andy Wigley last month.
Comments Off on The Morning Brew #933