- NServiceBus 2.6 Released – Udi Dahan announces the release of NServiceBus 2.6 which builds on the NServiceBus 2.5 platform rather than the under development V3 providing a number of community requested enhancements.
- NCrunch v1.33b Released! – Remco Mulder announces the new release of NCrunch. Version 1.33b adds support for MSTest, XNnit.NET and MBUnitto this continuous testing extension for Visual Studio. The extension remains free while in this ‘beta test’ period of development.
- Web Forms Model Binding Part 1: Selecting Data (ASP.NET vNext Series) – Scott Guthrie continues his series of posts looking at the features that are coming in the vNext release of Visual Studio and ASP.NET, this time starting a multipart post looking at the new model binding support which is coming to ASP.NET WebForms, looking at how we currently bind data in ASP.NET WebForms and exploring where the new functionality extends and improves this.
- NuGet Package of the Week #10 – New Mobile View Engines for ASP.NET MVC 3, spec-compatible with ASP.NET MVC 4 – Scott Hanselman continues his NuGet Package of the Week series with a look at a package which provides ASP.NET MVC 3 View Engines for creating mobile friendly content. The best part is that this library follows the ASP.NET MVC 4 specification for the functionality coming in the next release so they should be easy to replace when ASP.NET MVC 4 is released.
- Modularity via Bottles – Josh Arnold looks at the advanced FubuMVC feature of Bottles, giving an introduction to their use in creating packages which plug into FubuMVC.
- Silverlight 5 RC – MarkupExtensions and DataContextChanged, Platform Invocation, TrickPlay and Media Remote Controls & Low Latency Sound Effects – Mike Taulty takes a look back at some of the new features in Silverlight 5, updating you on what has changed between the beta release when he first investigated the functionality and the newly released Release Candidate.
- What makes a good step definition – Phil Trelford follows on from his post last week on ‘What makes a good feature file‘ with a look at what makes a good step definition in BDD Scenarios
- Free Windows Azure Bootcamp – The UK Tech.Days team return with a free boot camp for Windows Azure running on the 23rd September in Manchester and 30th September in London where you can go from zero to deployed Azure application in the space of a one day session. Places are limited, so be sure to register sooner rather than later.
- The Microsoft Windows Phone Camps – Powered by UK Tech.Days Fun, Free & Open to all! – Lee Stott highlights the Windows Phone Camp event, organise by the UK Tech Days team running in London on the 17th September and Manchester on the 24th September which will provide an introduction to all aspects of Windows Phone Development.
- Europe Virtual ALT.NET: Mike Murray on Compositional and Convention-based Web Development With FubuMVC on 20 September 2011 – Mike Murray joins the European Virtual Alt.NET usergroup for a session on compositional web applications using FubuMVC on the evening of Tuesday 20th September. The event is broadcast using LiveMeeting and starts at 7pm GMT (8pm BST)
Comments Off on The Morning Brew #931