- Python Tools for Visual Studio - Somasegar highlights the release of the Python Tools for Visual Studio, released yesterday over on CodePlex. The Version 1.0 gives an integrated development environment for Python Development inside Visual Studio 2010, supporting both CPython, IronPython, PyPy nd Jython including refactorings, intellisense, debugging and profiling.
- Sho 2.0.5, IronPython 2.7, and Python Tools for Visual Studio - The Sho Team highlight their latest release which brings some minor features improvements and bugfixes, along with compatibility with the newly release IronPython 2.7
- Just Released: Windows Azure Toolkit for Social Games Version 1.0 - Windows Azure - Site Home - MSDN Blogs - The Windows Azure Team highlight the release of the Windows Azure Tookit for Social Games Version 1,0. This updated release offers improvements to performance and scalability as well as many enhancements to the sample game ‘Tankster’
- Installing and Running node.js applications within IIS on Windows - Are you mad? - Scott Hanselman discusses the work that has been done to bring Node.js support to the Windows Platform with iisnode, giving some background on what node is all about and why you might be interested in running it on Windows, and walking through getting it setup and running.
- Asynchronous scalable web applications with real-time persistent long-running connections with SignalR - Scott also explores the use of SignalR for building web applications which use long running connections to communicate with a backend server
- Build an Earthquake Application with Bing Maps WPF Control (Beta) - Brian Lagunas takes a look at building a WPF application using the Bing Maps API, grabbing and processing XML data on Earthquakes and plotting them onto the map.
- MSDN Magazine September Issue Preview - Michael Desmond gives a taste of what is to come in the September 2011 edition of the MSDN Magazine, due out imminently
- Immutable collections with mutable performance - Andrew Arnott continues his discussion of immutable collections which have performance which is similar to that of mutable collections, hinting that there will be a CTP release of these collections at some time soon.
- Designing C# Software With Interfaces - David Berry takes a look at the use of Interfaces in C# software development, exploring the problems that they help to avoid in areas of coupling, exploring with an example.
- Sourcepack (indexing PDB files with source archive file) - ‘lowleveldesign’ highlights the SourcePack PowerShell script which alters PDB files to point at your own location for the source files allowing you to debug into libraries when the source for the library is not where it was when the library was built.
- What is this thing you call a "type"? Part one - Eric Lippert kicks off a series of posts looking at the definition of a ‘Type’, a term which is widely used and accepted, but what does it actually mean?
- NerdDinner being updated to MVC3 with Razor, HTML5, GeoLocation, EF CodeFirst, jQuery Mobile, YepNope and Modernizr and a fixed Mobile Device Capabilities ViewEngine - Scott Hanselman highlights the community efforts to keep the MVC Nerd Dinner sample application up to date with the latest versions of the various libraries upon which it depends, along with adding mobile, geolocation and much more.
- Belfast - 1 Oct 2011 - Vote for Sessions - The voting for the sessions you want to see at Developer Developer Developer Belfast has opened this weekend, and this is your opportunity to shape the agenda for tey day by choosing amongst the excellent sessions proposed.
- DDD North - Vote for Sessions - Similarly, Developer Developer Developer North has opened the session voting, giving prospective attendees the ability to express which sessions they are interested in seeing at the event on 8th October.
- Community For MVC.Net - The Community For MVC.Net have their August Live Meeting event tomorrow (Wednesday 31st August) at 1PM CST where David Ebbo will be giving an introduction to the Razor Generator Tool which enables you to generate code at design time using the Razor template engine.