- TouchDevelop v2.1: integrated script bazaar – Nikolai Tillmann announces the release of Touch Develop 2.1, an update to the recent 2.0 release which brings integration of the Script Bazaar into the main application making it easier to discover and use scripts published by the community.
- Announcing YUI 3.4.0 and the new YUILibrary.com – The Yahoo User Interface team announce the release of YUI 3.4.0, along with the launch of the YUILibrary.com site. YUI 3.4.0 brings with it the first beta of the App Framework, Calendar widget, an overhaul of the Loader, a graphics module (in beta), along with promotions to GA status of a number of previously beta components.
- C#/.NET Little Wonders: The ReferenceEquals() method – James Michael Hare continues his series on C# and .NET little wonders with a look at the ReferenceEquals method, looking at the use of operators for comparing reference types, looking at how they may be overloaded, and how ReferenceEquals fits into this to help avoid circular calls to operators in their overloads.
- A Brief Introduction of Fundamental OOP – Chris Eargle gives a short introduction to some of the Ky Object Oriented Programing principles, discussing how and why they are important
- HTML5-Powered VNC Implementation noVNC Let’s You Access Remote Systems – Script Junkie – Site Home – MSDN Blogs – Rey Bango highlights the work by Joel Martin on a HTML5 based VNC client which uses WebSockets and Canvas to implement the VNC Client allowing remote control of computers – Impressive stuff!
- Unit Testing a WCF RIA DomainService: Part 1, The IDomainServiceFactory, Part 2, The Repository Pattern & Part 3, The DomainServiceTestHost – Kyle McClellan kicks off a series of posts looking at the testing of WCF RIA Services Domain Services, discussing the design of the service and identifying service dependencies, looking at the use of the Repository pattern, and using the DomainServiceTestHost to test your services.
- Implementing your first project into a CI system – Paul Stack continues his series of posts looking at the introduction of Continuous Integration Systems into your development environment, discussing the actual build process, making it portable, automatic and quick to allow you to build as often as you need to in your CI environment.
- A Developer’s Morning with Microsoft – Scottish Developers in conjunction with Microsoft are running a morning event at Microsoft’s Edinburgh office on Friday 9th September. The session will include content on Azure with Steve Plank, and Visual Studio with Steven Clark, a User Experience Researcher on the Visual Studio team. There will also e a keynote from Microsoft’s UK Managing Director Gordon Frazer.
- In The Brain of Kevin Ryan: Kanban for Lean – Skills Matter continue their ‘In the Brain of …’ series of events with a peek inside Kevin Rayn’s brain, looking at the use of Kanban and lean techniques for delivery of IT Solutions. The event, held in Skills Matter in London is free to attend, and runs on Thursday 6th October.