Update: Corrected some broken HTML which was merging the links to Hugo Bonacci’s Razor article and Micheal Crump’s Silverlight article - Thanks to KevinW for letting me know via the comments
- EF 4.1 Language Packs - The ADO.NET Entity Framework Team announce the release of a number of language packs for Entity Framework 4.1 offering support for culture aware Intellisense for DbContext and CodeFirst APIs, satellite assemblies with localised error messages and templates for Model first and Database first. The language packs support Chinese (Traditional and Simplified) French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Russian and Spanish.
- Patterns of Compositional Architecture: DSLs - Semantic Models - Josh Arnold continues his series of posts looking at the various patterns associated with Compositional Architecture, further exploring Domain Specific Language topics with a look at Semantic Models.
- Getting started cooking with Entity Framework 4.1 Code First - Getting the tools and your first dish - Greg Duncan highlights a new series of posts from ‘DiveDeeper’ taking a recipe based approach to learning about Entity Framework 4.1 Code First in a guided way.
- MVC and the HTML5 Application Cache - Dean Hume takes a look at using the HTML5 Application Cache with your ASP.NET MVC Applications (Although the principles will work for any web framework) to provide offline functionality for your web application.
- DotNetOpenAuth: Debugging and Tracing OpenID and OAuth on ASP.NET (or MVC) using Glimpse - David Christiansen takes a look at how DotNetOpenAuth and the Glimpse Server side debug viewer are integrated making it easier to see what is going on during the OpenID and OpenAuth process.
- Templates With Razor - Hugo Bonacci discusses the use of @helper in your Razor Views to create reusable display methods and templates for use across your web applications.
- Communicating between two local Silverlight Applications - Michael Crump takes a look at communications between two Silverlight applications running on the same machine by way of the LocalMessageReceiver and LocalMessageSender, both available since Silverlight 3.
- Generics and Attributes - Jason Bock discusses the use of generics in .NET attributes, and how you can’t use them without a little bit of trickery involving IL, showing how this can be achieved.
- How to Detect if a Method is Overridden Redux - Jeroen Frijters discusses a technique for determining if a method is overridden by a subclass using reflection on the method
- Using DynamicObject and ExpandoObject - Bipin Joshi takes a look at the dynamic support in C#4, exploring the use of dynamic, how it differs from the var keyword, and exploring the DynamicObject and Expando Object classes.
- Using the Portable Library Tools, a tutorial - Greg Duncan highlights a nice article from Mosallem exploring the use of the Portable Language Library Tools to create a library that can be used from both Windows Phone 7 and Silverlight
- DDD South West 3 On The Day - Guy Smith-Ferrier reflects back on DeveloperDeveloperDeveloper South West 3 event held at the beginning of June, sharing some of the feedback and statistics as well as linking to roundups of the day by other attendees.