- C#/.NET Little Pitfalls: Operators are Overloaded, not Overridden – James Michael Hare continues his parallel series of posts on C# and .NET Pitfalls, looking in this post at some of the confusion that occurs around operator overloading
- Debugger Canvas released on Devlabs – Arjmand Samuel of the Microsoft Research Connections team discusses the recently release Debugger Canvas extension for Visual Studio which came out of a joint project between Microsoft Research, the Visual Studio Team, and Brown University.
- Channel 9 Visual Studio Toolbox: demoing All-In-One Code Framework – Microsoft All-In-One Code Framework – Site Home – MSDN Blogs – Jialiang Ge shares a short Channel 9 video of Mei Liang being interviewed by Robert Green about the All In One Code Framework, and looking at the sample browser and its integration with Visual Studio.
- Why the #AskObama Tweet was Garbled on Screen: Know your UTF-8, Unicode, ASCII and ANSI Decoding Mr. President – Scott Hanselman discusses the importance of having awareness of Unicode as a developer, highlighting a recent high profile Unicode ‘gaff’ and explaining how and why this type of thing occurs.
- Software Craftsmanship: The Art of the Performance – Rachel Hawley discusses software craftsmanship and the various aspects of attaining and polishing your developer shills available (code katas, code camps, etc) and draws parallels to her experiences practicing and learning recorder, piano and clarinet. Also check out the video of Corey Haines session from NDC which inspired this article (link in the comments)
- The New and Improved Silverlight.net Site – Pete Brown highlights the latest incarnation of the Silverlight.net site with the current beta site becoming the main site on 18th. Pete shares the forum post announcing the switch over and highlighting a number of the sites new features.
- Creating a global ProgressIndicator experience using the Windows Phone 7.1 SDK Beta 2 – Jeff Wilcox explores switching from his custom Progress Indicator control, created to fill a gap in Windows Phone 7, to the built in functionality provided in the WP7.1 Mango update.
- Mining the Social Web with Gary Short – Scottish Developers welcome Gary Short back for a re-run of his session on Mining the Social Web, this time taking place in Edinburgh on Wednesday 3rd August, giving you another chance to see this very well received session.
Comments Off on The Morning Brew #890