- VsVim 1.0 Released - Jared Parsons announces the V1.0 release of VsVim, his visual studio extension which brings Vim keybindings to the Visual Studio IDE. This release brings a number of bug fixes and improvements to the synchronisation of settings between Visual Studio and the VsVim Extension. Download is available through the extension galley, and full source is available on GitHub.
- Microsoft Media Platform Content Manager 1.0 Released - Chris Knowlton highlights the release of the Microsoft Media Platform Content Manager v1.0. This tooling provides end to end workflow for working with video delivery through IIS. The tooling provides encoding features, insertion of advertisements for live event broadcast using IIS Smooth Streaming.
- Mercurial 1.9 Release Notes - The Mercurial Team announce their latest release, Mercurial 1.9 contains improves remote changeset discovery, fileset matching support, command mode, experimental generaldelta storage and an experimental http client library.
- RegEx’ing in Visual Studio with the Regular Expression Tester Extension - Greg Duncan highlights a nice Visual Studio Extension for anyone who works with Regular Expressions. The Regular Expression Testing Extension brings a number of useful testing and construction features for working with and testing Regular Expressions from within the IDE.
- How to Get Started with .NET Micro Framework Hardware - Pete Brown highlights the range of micro-controller boards which can be used with the .NET Micro Framework, and explores some of the options for sensor and chassis available to provide you a basis for building a robot.
- Published first ALPHA version of Domain Oriented N-Layered Architecture V2.0 - Cesar de la Torre highlights the early draft release of the next edition of the Domain Oriented N-Layered Architecture Guide (v2). There has been lots of discussion in the community surrounding the first release of this guide, and its great to see the team responding to the feedback and making further improvements to the project.
- Ayende’s DDD Application: Macto - Ayende has been looking at the Microsoft N Layer sample, and, in response, will be posting a series of articles looking at building enterprise systems the way he approaches the problem.
- Convention Based View Model Location using Ninject in a MVVM/Silverlight Application - Derik Whittaker discusses the use of the MVVM pattern in Silverlight applications and explores the options for the implementation of the ViewModelLocator pattern, highlighting some examples and sharing his own implementation.
- OSS on Github - Tips and Tricks - Josh Arnold shares some tips for working with Open Source Projects which have version control hosted on GitHub based on his experiences with working on the Fubu project.
- Microsoft makes the source available for the app that’s going to be used for Bing’s Streetside Wi-Fi/Cell Tower/GPS data gathering (i.e. see some of the code the Bing Streetside cars will be using as they [war]drive around your neighborhood) - Greg Duncan highlights the release of the code for the Bing Maps Streetside WiFi / Cell Tower / GPS gathering as an open source application. The application is being released this way in order for Microsoft to be open about the information they are capturing and how they are going about it.
- Developing Android Apps? Interested in Building your Apps for Windows Phone 7? You Need this Guide! - The Microsoft Public Sector Developer and Platform Evangelism Team highlight the availability of a guide for Android developers who are looking to transition to the Windows Phone Platform, addressing the WP7 platform from an android point of view, and providing an API mapping tool to help ease the transition.