- Say Hello to Project jQMvc - Kowsheek Mahmood shares a collection of HtmlHelper extension methods which help when building a jQuery Mobile web application using ASP.NET MVC
- ASP.NET MVC 3 Docs In Nine Languages - Phil Haack announces the availability of ASP.NET MVC 3 documentation in the 9 languages which the ASP.NET MVC framework is available (Japanese, Korean, Chinese (Simplified & Traditional), German, Spanish, French, Italian & Russian)
- NETMF 4.2 - Other CodePlex NETMF Projects - Colin Miller highlights some of the other great projects which build on and extend the .NET Micro Framework and are available for your use on the CodePlex site.
- Using Code Signing Certificates to sign downloaded MSIs and build reputation with IE9 SmartScreen - Scott Hanselman gives an update on the success of the Web Standards Update package, revealing that this was a community effort from a number of MS employees on their own time, and not a formal Microsoft project. Scott also looks at the process of signing installers with Code Signing Certificates can help your projects get through the Internet Explorer SmartScreen functionality by building trust in your software.
- Precompile your MVC Razor views using RazorGenerator & Unit test your MVC views using Razor Generator - David Ebbo highlights the evolution of his single file Razor view precompiler, highlighting ‘Razor Generator’ available on the Visual Studio Extension Gallery, and looking at its use, before moving on looking at how the Razor Generator can be used to help you unit test your view code.
- Ajax-based data loading using jQuery.load() function in ASP.NET - Hajan Selmani takes a back to basics look at using jQuery to load partial chunks of HTML from a page using Ajax and insert them into the current page, providing a nice way of lighting up a web application with an ‘Ajax’ feel whilst easily maintaining non-ajax support.
- Extension methods on a null object instance - something you did not know - Arun Mahendrakar takes a look at extension methods, discussing their use, and how extension methods can be called on instances which are null.
- Embedding and inlining resources in ASP.NET Web Controls - Michal Altair Valášek looks at the embedding of static resources into your Web Controls assembly and the retrieval of these items, also exploring the use of Data URIs for another way of embedding such data with your controls.
- F#unctional Londoners, July 4: Monads in .Net & F# in the Cloud - Don Syme highlights the next F#unctional Londoners meeting, to be held on Monday 4th July, where Mike Hadlow will be presenting a session on Monads in C# and F# and Gian Ntzik will be presenting on distributing computation into the cloud with F#.