- Task Parallel Library for Windows Phone 7 – Senthil Kumar highlights the release of The Task Parallel Library for Windows Phone 7 1.0. This is not an official Microsoft release, and is in fact created by porting the Mono version of the TPL to Windows Phone 7. The library is available as a NuGet package.
- 200% Reflective Class Diagram Creation Tool – Sacha Barber has created an update to his AutoDiagrammer, a UML like diagram generator which examines ,NET assemblies, releasing a second edition which is a major step up in terms of how it works and the functionality provided. Sacha provides a detailed article discussing the creation of this tool, along with the download.
- Cool stuff in FubuCore No. 6: Command-line – Chad Myers continues exploring the funky stuff in the FubuCore library taking a look at the Command Line Helper Framework included which makes it easy to create command line tools which include complex command line arguments
- Creating a Custom ASP.NET MVC Project Template – Phil Haack discusses the building of your own custom ASP.NET MVC project templates, getting them included in your copy of Visual Studio, and discusses the pre-installed NuGet package support.
- Changes coming to ClickOnce applications running in the Internet Zone – Abhishek Mondal shares the details of a forthcoming change to the security functionality in Click Once applications running in the Internet Zone, discussing the changes you may need to make to your click once applications to ensure they continue functioning as you expect.
- Build incredible content-driven websites using Orchard CMS – Hajan shares a look at the Orchard CMS system, looking at how you can get up and running and working with the CMS and use it to build powerful websites.
- The Sterling NoSQL Database in a Mango World – Jeremy Likness discusses the role of hsi Sterling NoSQL database in the world of Windows Phone 7.1 Mango, giving the background to the project, and outlining the roadmap going forward.
- Visual Studio Mag Highlights 17 Free Visual Studio Tools – Greg Duncan highlights an article from Peter Vogel on the Visual Studio Magazine’s website which lokos at 17 of the best Visual Studio tools to enhance your development processes.
- Memory Mapped File Quirks – Greg of the BCL Team takes an indepth look at the use of Memory Mapped Files, and explores some of the subtle differences you can encounter in their use.
- Please welcome Erich Gamma to the Visual Studio team! – Jason Zander announces the ‘capture’ of Eric Gamma who will be joining the Visual Studio team. Eric is well known for his involvement in the patterns movement, being one of the ‘Gang of Four’ who authored the original Design Patterns book.
- World IPv6 Day begins 24 hours from now. Websites, start your engines. – Google highlight IPv6 day, occuring tomorrow (8th June) where over 400 major websites will switch over to IPv6 for the day to test out how well IPv6 is working.
- Brighton ALT.NET, 7th June 2011 – The Brighton Alt.NET Beers event is running tonight (Tuesday) at The Skiff in Brighton, a great opportunity to talk code and geekery and drink a few beers with a nice bunch of folk.