- Previewing ‘Windows 8′ - Julie Larson-Green, corporate vice president, Windows Experience takes the wraps off ‘Windows 8′ at the D9 Conference yesterday, and this article, and video discusses the various aspects of the new heavily touch driven UI - Looks very interesting
- Microsoft’s Windows 8 Demo From D9 (Video) - AllThingsD share the full 19 minutes of video from the D9 conference showing off ‘Windows 8′ in a demo by Steven Sinofsky and Julie Larson-Green.
- BUILDing a bright future - S.Somasegar announces the BUILD Windows event, essentially this year’s PDC event, which will be a deep dive event focusing on developing for Windows 8. The event will be held between 13 and 16th September 2011 at the Anaheim Convention Center in California
- Caliburn.Micro v1.1 RTW - Rob Eisenberg announces the release of Caliburn.Micro v1.1 RTW his lighweight MVVM framework for Silverlight, WP7 and WPF. This release includes numerous bug fixes along with some new features including a new Tombstoning API, an new Chooser API, strongly typed navigation, a new Regex bases View Locator and View Model locator, and much more
- jQuery ASP.Net MVC Controls - The jQuery ASP.Net MVC Controls Team announce the release of version 1.4 which includes support for their use in Razor Syntax views, improved controller configuration for the grid, along with a variety of bug fixes and general code improvements.
- Analyze Your Move to the Cloud and Windows Azure With MAP 6.0 Beta - The Windows Azure Team highlight the availability of na new beta release of the Microsoft Assessment and Planning (MAP) Toolkit version 6.0 which includes the Windows Azure Migration Portfolio Analysis, a tool to help with planning migration of existing applications to the Azure Cloud platform.
- Cool stuff in FubuCore No. 3: Static Reflection - Chad Myers continues his series looking at the interesting bits of the FubuCore library, discussing the use of Static Reflection to replace the use of strings when referring to types, properties and methods in your code. This post gives a nice introduction to the concepts, along with pointing to plenty of examples of Static Reflection in use.
- Internals of Array - Abhishek Sur continues his ‘Internals of…’ series with a look at the humble Array, and how it underpins many of the other collection like data structures
- Record Visual Studio Web Test Using Fiddler - Steve Smith highlights the use of Fiddler to record sessions of HTTP traffic which can then be exported and used as a Visual Studio Web Test or Web Performance test.
- The super-slidy Windows Azure Pricing Calculator - Eric Nelson highlights the ‘The super-slidy Windows Azure Pricing Calculator’ which has to be the easiest way to work out how much your Windows Azure capacity requirements will cost.
- Windows Phone 7.1: WCF Data Services and tomb stoning - Alex van Beek takes a look at the improved support in Windows Phone 7.1 (Mango) for consuming WCF Data Services, and the WCF client’s support for storing the enitire WCF Data services state (All the entities, pending changes, etc) for use when your application is Tombstoned, allowing your application to pick up exactly where it left off.
- June Issue of Pragmatic Programmer magazine, PragPub - The Pragmatic Bookshelf announce their June edition of PargPub, their multi-platform online development journal. This month’s edition looks at pair programming, the use of mocks in RSpec, agile planning using velocity and lots more.
- Applied Design Patterns Series - Ron Garlit kicks off a series of posts to accompany a usergroup presentation series he is creating. This series will look at real world uses of Design Patterns in creating an application running on top of the ubiquitous AdventureWorks database.
- Interested in Silverlight and in Reading? - Martin Beeby highlights a VBUG event on Silverlight being held in Reading on Tuesday 7th June where there will be two talks, Kiril Matev looking at the building of line of business applications in Silverlight and Peter Lindsey will discuss the key concepts of User Experience.
- Video: Visual Studio 2010 Tips and Tricks Presentation on LinkedIn (LIDNUG) - Lisa Feigenbaum highlights the availability of a recording of her most recent presentation to the Linked In .NET User Group which focused on using new language features and Visual Studio 2010 features to accelerate your development process.