- Bin Deploying ASP.NET MVC 3 – Phil Haack discusses the Bin Deployment of ASP.NET MVC 3 applications for situations where your host does not have ASP.NET MVC installed in the GAC, discussing what you need to bring with you, and the tooling support.
- Parallel programming coding guidelines – Neeraj Kaushik highlights a nice coding guidelines document from Igor Ostrovsky of the Parallel Computing Platform Group at Microsoft. The guide discusses techniques and patterns for writing good code for multi-core systems in .NET 4.
- Project Silk Documentation Drop: New Chapters Ready for Review – Karl Shifflett highlights the next batch of chapters from the Project Silk Patterns and Practices Project, offering advice on building modern cross browser web applications
- Internet Explorer 9 Developer Tools Deep Dive – Part 1: Introduction – Chris Bowen starts a new series of posts looking at the Internet Explorer 9 Developer Tools which serves as a blog companion to his Code Project Virtual Summit talk on HTML5/CSS3. In this first post, Chris looks at the basics of the IE developer tools, getting you familiar with the various parts of the tooling.
- Code Metrics – Class Coupling – Zain Naboulsi takes a look at the Class Coupling Code Metrics available in Visual Studio 2010 Premium and Ultimate, exploring their use and looking at an example piece of code which illustrates the metric
- An Introduction to Service Bus Topics – David Ingham of the AppFabric Team gives a nice introduction to the use of the AppFabric Service Bus explaining the background to the service bus pattern and looking at the code for basic use cases.
- Why is a Y in the Windows Phone Mango Camera API – René Schulte takes a look at the camera support in Windows Phone Mango, which brings it on par with the support in Silverlight 4, discussing the PhoneCamera class API, highlighting good resources for further information, and filling a few gaps with information on the YCrCb Caputre method.
- Automatic properties and their backing fields big difference between C# and VB.Net – Christiaan Baes highlights a subtle, but significant different to the implementation of automatic properties between VB.NET and C#, where VB allows access to the generated backing field and C# does not.
- In The Brain of Andreas Ohlund, Reliable integrations with NServiceBus – Skills Matter continue their ‘In the Brain of’ free talk series with Andreas Ohlund giving a session on using NServiceBus as a core part of your systems architecture on Thursday 2nd June. The event is free, however registration is required.
- F#LUG June Meetup – F#unctional Londoners – F#unctional Londoners welcome Andrew Kennedy for a session on F# Units of Measure on the evening of Tuesday 7th June at Skills Matter.
- GeekUp Liverpool May 2011, 31st May 2011 – GeekUp Liverpool’s May meeting, being held on Tuesday 31st May also has a Functional Programming theme, with three talks on Haskell, Implementing a Lisp Interpreter in .NET, and Clojure
Comments Off on The Morning Brew #860