Windows Phone Mango
- Microsoft Previews Next Release of Windows Phone – Microsoft official Press Release announcing the preview release of the next release of Windows Phone (7.1 / Mango)
- Microsoft officially unveils Mango; Hundreds of improvements on the way – The Windows Phone Team Blog also make the announcement, highlighting the recordings of the announcement which include demos and a live chat and discussing some of the new features.
- Developer News: Beta Mango Tools Available Today – Along with the Platform preview release, the Windows Phone Team also announces the availability of the Beta Mango Developer Tools
- Windows Phone Developer Tools 7.1 – Beta & Resources for Windows Phone Developer Tools 7.1 Beta – Nikita Polyakov highlights the various download and documentation links for the Developer Tools for the beta release of the Mango tool set
- See Microsoft Windows Phone"Mango" Video Collection – Eric Ligman highlights a series of videos demonstrating some of the new features of the Windows Phone Mango release, exploring the various phone features new in this release.
- OData Updates in Windows Phone "Mango" – Glenn Gailey highlights some of the new features for working with OData data feeds in the Mango release.
- MVVM Light Toolkit patch for WP7 Mango Beta – Laurent Bugnion releases an update to his MVVM Light framework to make it compatible with the Windows Phone 7.1 platform and tooling.
- Augmented Mango – SLARToolkit for Windows Phone – Rene Schulte announces the release of the SLARToolkit for Windows Phone (Silverlight Augmented Reality Toolkit) which takes advantage of the new Mango APIs for accessing the devices camera, showing it in use, and discussing how you write code against the library.
- Windows Phone Mango – Whatâ’s New? ("Overview"- Part 0 of 8) – Alex Golesh shares a comprehensive 8 part series of posts looking at the various aspects and features of the Mango Windows Phone Release. Further parts of the series explore:
- Mango from the trenches part 1: Adding a new live tile to the start page #wp7dev – Laurent Bugnion also takes a look at the new release, kicking off a series looking at the new features, and in this first part explores the new Live Tile support.
- NuGet for the Enterprise: NuGet in a Continuous Integration Automated Build System – Scott Hanselman follows on from his TechEd talk on using NuGet in the Enterprise, discussing how NuGet can be integrated into your software development lifecycle, highlighting the videos of the session, and walking through the process of automating NuGet package creation using Continuous Integration.
- Don’t Do Role-Based Authorization Checks; Do Activity-Based Checks – Derick Bailey discusses developing Authorisation systems, discussing how he finds Role Based authorisation doesn’t always fit well, and discussing authorising using an Activity based approach.
- MVVM Backlash – Ward Bell discusses his like of the MVVM pattern, and then proceeds to take an objective view of the pattern discussing its major advantages, and how if you don’t care about those aspects then MVVM may not be the best fit for you.
- The Darkness Behind DateTime.Now – Keyvan Nayyeri discusses the use of DateTime.Now, DateTime.UtcNow and the Stopwatch class, talking about where each should be used, and looking internal implementations and the relative performance of each.
- NHibernate Pitfalls: Specifying Event Listeners in XML Configuration , Collection Restrictions & The SaveOrUpdate Event – Ricardo Peres highlights a few NHibenate Pitfalls and Gotchas, some caused by bugs, others by misunderstandings, along with showing workarounds where appropriate
- What’s New in Silverlight 5? – Mohammad Elsheimy gives a run through of the features of Silverlight 5, illustrating with some shared demo code in this CodeProject article
- NxtGenUG – Event – MVC 3 – The Coventry NxtGenUG welcome Ian Russell for a session on ASP.NET MVC3 on the evening of Monday 20th June at the The Royal British Legion in Coventry
- TechDays 2011: dev session recordings, slides and content online – The MSDN ‘Belux’ team highlight the recordings of the sessions from their recent TechDays events featuring an excellent range of speakers and topics allowing those not able to attend to gain considerable benefit from the event.
Comments Off on The Morning Brew #859