- Improved HTML Copy in the latest Productivity Power Tools - Kirill Osenkov highlights the latest release of the Productivity Power Tools for Visual Studio 2010 which includes a major improvement to the HTML Copy functionality. ‘nmarun’ also reports that VS2010 crashes fixed with Productivity Power Tools upgrade
- Task Parallel Library: 5 of n - CodeProject - Sacha Barber continues his Code Project series on the Task Parallel Library. In this part Sacha takes a look at some of the classes in the Framework which while not part of the TPL, support the scenarios of TPL by providing concurrent safe collection implementations.
- Lessons Learned developing a Windows Phone 7 App - Cameron Skinner shares a collection of lessons that he learned during writing his first Windows Phone 7 application, a game which is now available on the marketplace.
- Removing the IE9 Compatibility Button, and HTML1115 warning - Jon Box discusses how you can remove the compatibility button from the Internet Explorer 9 Toolbar by specifying which mode you want IE to use explicitly in your markup.
- IE9 Standards Mode Accepts only text/css for stylesheets - Eric Lawrence highlights an important gotcha about using the correct mime types when serving content to Internet Explorer 9 when it is running in standards mode.
- Visual Studio 2010 and MSDN Licensing Whitepaper Updated - Greg Duncan highlights an update to the Visual Studio 2010 and MSDN Licensing Whitepaper, a great readbale guide to what you are allowed to do with the licenses you have for VS / MSDN
- Introducing the Kinect WPF Toolkit - VBandi discusses some of the functionality of the Kinect WPF toolkit which allows you to use the Kinect technology in your own WPF applications.
- Associations in EF 4.1 Code First: Part 1 - Introduction and Basic Concepts - Morteza Manavi starts a series of posts looking at Entity Framework 4.1’s Code First functionality, setting the scene and exploring the basics of code first in this first part.
- Comparing MVC 3 Helpers: Using Extension Methods and Declarative Razor @helper Syntax - Jon Galloway takes a look at the use of Extension Methods and Razor Declarative Helpers, comparing and contrasting the two implementations
- Multiparadigmatic .NET series from Ted Neward - Arun highlights a nice series of articles from Ted Neward which have been featured in MSDN magazine over the past 7 months.
- The Stack - Liverpool .NET User Group - April 2011 - Wednesday 20th April sees the launch of a new .NET Usergroup in Liverpool, UK. This first event has two sessions covering Windows Azure and Silverlight
- Seb Lambla: Building hypermedia-driven applications with OpenRasta 3 - Seb Lambla will be giving a session on implementing hypermedia applications using his OpenRasta 3 framework, exploring the implementation of the RestBucks sample application. The event is tomorrow (Tues 29th March) and his hosted at Skills Matter in London.
- Mix11 recap - Windows Phone 7 - WP7Dev User group - The Windows Phone 7 Usergroup welcome Paul Foster for a recap of the key announcements from Mix 11 and also demos of peoples applications on the evening of Wednesday 20th April