Slightly late today as I’m recovering from my flights back to the UK from the USA yesteday, hoping that I’m going to be avoiding the worst of the Jetlag.
- Where to download Internet Explorer 9, watch the launch event, and more resources for you – Eric Ligman shares a great selection of links and resources regarding the Internet Explorer 9 release including downloads for various editions of Windows, along with various guides for developers and IT pros.
- IE9 Global Release – Hanu Kommalapati shares some facts about Internet Explorer 9′s update and features
- Visual Studio 2010 and .NET Framework 4 Training Kit – March 2011 Update – Zain Naboulsi highlights the March 2011 update to the Visual Studio 2010 and .NET Framework 4 training kit. The kit now includes 50 labs sessions, 22 demos, 16 presentations and 12 videos, and this update has added lots of Silverlight 4 and Windows Azure content.
- Entity Framework 4.1 Release Candidate Released – Shiju Varghese highlights the release of the Entity Framework 4.1 Release Candidate, available as a download and also as a NuGet package. This release includes the new Code First and DbContext API functionality
- To box or not to box, that is the question – Eric Lippert explores some interesting complications when working with value types which are disposable and mutate themselves on disposal, offering some suggestions for things to avoid along the way.
- Visual Studio 2010 SP1 – Scott Guthrie discusses the Service Pack 1 release for Visual Studio 2010, and highlights a WebPlatform Installer package which makes getting the service pack and associated web features (such as IIS Express, SQL Compact, Web Deploy 2, etc) in one easy step.
- Upgrading to Entity Framework 4.1 RC – John Papa looks at the process involved in upgrading to Entity Framework 4.1 RC in your projects, sharing a number of tips for making your adoption of the new version easier.
- .NET/C# Generics History: Some Photos From Feb 1999 – Don Syme shares some whiteboard photos and discusses the work he was involved in back in 1999 when Generics in C# were first being proposed by Microsoft Research
- 48 Hours of Free Access to ReSharper Training Course from Pluralsight – Pluralsight have developed a series of training content for Reshaper, and have made it freely available for 48 hours (from yesterday afternoon). The course is developed by James Kovacs and covers everything you need to know to become a proficient ReSharper user.
- Lighting up on Windows 7 with Native Extensions for Microsoft Silverlight – Pete Brown looks at the process of using the Native Extensions for Microsoft Silverlight, right from installation to making use of the features of the library to have your Silverlight applications taking advantage of the Windows 7 features it allows access to.
- Figuring out why my SVCHOST.EXE is at 100% CPU without complicated tools in Windows 7 – Scott Hanselman shares the process for investigating a misbehaving service running in svchost.exe using just the standard available tooling in Windows 7.
- Europe Virtual ALT.NET: Mike Hadlow on Monads on 29 March 2011 – The European Virtual Alt.NET Usergroup welcome Mike Hadlow for a presentation on Monads on the evening of Tuesday 29th March, starting at 8pm GMT.
- Do you need 1-2-1 help on developing and publishing Windows Phone 7 Apps? – Paul Lo highlights the Windows Phone Workshop events which will be running on Saturdays at the end of March and first half of April. These events will be taking place in London, Manchester and Birmingham and places will be limited. Registration for the first event in Birmingham is open now.
- IE9 Developer Contest – Wes Yanaga highlights a competition from Microsoft where the winner will win a fully paid for trip to ‘The Future of Web Apps’ in Las Vegas along with a significant Cash prize. Entrants will provide a sample which pushes the HTML5 support in Internet Explorer to its limits.
- jQuery Manchester Meetup – The Manchester jQuery group will be meeting at Manchester Digital Laboratory on Tuesday 12th April when Iain Mitchell will be delivering a session on Context and jQuery Selectors.