- Alternatives To .Net Reflector - Adrian Banks looks at some of the offerings, both free and commercial which are alternatives to .NET Reflector, giving a brief overview of each offering, and reminding use that there is plenty of choice in this area for those evaluating the different possibilities
- Mindscape Phone Elements released! - Mindscape announce the release of their latest control collection, a library of controls for the Windows Phone 7 Developer. This collection includes a rich charting suite, along with numerous other controls, and the MindScape team have spent a lot of time tuning and optimising the performance of these controls.
- WhatsNew - Mercurial - The Mercurial team announce the release of version 1.8 of Mercurial, a release which includes improvements to the stability of Mercurial when running on Windows, support for Git sub repositories along with various other enhancements and bugfixes
- TortoiseHg v2.0.0 - To go with the new Mercurial release, the TortoiseHg team announce a major new release, taking their project to V2.0. This new release changes the whole way of working with Tortoise, introducing features to help educate uses in the use of Mercurial at the command line, a new merge resolve tool, and much more.
- WebStresser: A very simple web load testing tool - Mike Hadlow shares a simple implementation of a Web load testing tool which is available in both binary and source formats, providing a simple means to put your we based services under load with a variety of options for configuring the type of load to produce.
- EF 4.1 Is Coming (DbContext API & Code First RTW) - ADO.NET team blog - Site Home - MSDN Blogs - The ADO.NET Entity Framework Team give an update on the work they have been doing on Entity Framework’s Code First and DbContext API, outlineing their plans for a RTW (release to web) release in mid-march
- Using T4 to generate Configuration classes - Justin Hoffman explores the use of T4 Templating to produce strongly typed classes to access configuration and connection strings stored in the web.config, sharing the code and giving a bit of background to how he approached the work.
- 5 Ways That Postsharp Can SOLIDify Your Code: Logging and Auditing - Matthew Groves continues this series looking at how PostSharp and Aspect Oriented Programming techniques can be utilised to implement logging an Auditing functionality in your appplications.
- My Software Development Manifesto - Kris Kemper shares his software development manifesto, listing all the key principles he believes strongly in and giving a little background to why he olds each to be important.
- Stop Spinning Your Wheels… Sage Advice for Aspiring Developers - Mark Rackley shares some good advice, aimed at aspiring developers, but probably applicable to everyone to some extent, about how to get up to speed, practices, and techniques for developing your skills.