- Algorithmia Source Code released on CodePlex – Frans Bouma announces the Open Source release of Algorithmia, a data structures and algorithms implementation library providing implementations of well known algorithms and structures which are not already present in the .NET Framework.
- Downloads – Fluent NHibernate – The Fluent NHibernate team have released ‘stable pre-release’ binaries of Fluent NHibernate which work against NHibernate 3 (which hit its General Availability release this past week)
- SQL Server 2008 R2 System Views Map Poster – Andrew Kelly highlights the availability of a poster describing the key System Views and their relations in SQL Server 2008 R2. If you ever need to interrogate the state or metadata of a SQL Server instance this kind of document is very valuable. Available in PDF and XPS formats in 36inch square format
- Announcing Entity Framework Code-First (CTP5 release) – Scott Guthrie gives one of his great overview posts of the new Entity Framework Code First CTP release, looking at installation giving an overview of all the new features and improvements
- Looking at EF4 CTP5 in Parts: Part 1 – A New T4 Template, Part 2 – Internal Validation, Part 3 – Easy Access to In-Memory Entities & Part 4 – Working with New and Existing Databases in Code First – Julie Lerman takes a look at the new Entity Framework Code First CTP, exploring the new T4 DbContext Generator, the use of Validation attributes to provide validation checks on entities, the use of the Local property to access in memory entities and reduce calls to the database,and explores the features that enable you to work with pre-existing databases.
- EF Feature CTP5 – Walkthrough For The New DbContext T4 Template, Code First Fluent API & Raw SQL Query/Command Support – Gil Fink also has a series of posts exploring the new release, taking a look at the DbContext T4 Template, using the Fluent API for defining your code first mappings, and the ability to execute custom raw SQL queries on the database through the DbContext.
- EF Feature CTP5: Code First Walkthrough &Fluent API Samples – Rowan Miller of the ADO.NET team shares a worked example using the latest CTP version of the Entity Framework Code First features, and shares a number of short samples illustrating the different aspects of the Fluent API.
- Logging all SQL statements done by Entity Framework – Simone Chiaretta digs into Entity Framework looking at using the Provider Wrappers to help intercept the queries being run against the database.
- Aimee.NET – Faster Unit Tests and Refactoring the Documents Folder – Matthew Dennis continues his series of Code Project articles discussing the refactoring work being undertaken to take Lucene and transform it into Aimee.Net giving it a more .NET like API.
- Optional Razor Sections with Default Content – ‘marcind’ takes a look at some of the templating options in Razor exploring required and optional section declarations
- Dynamically Generating Controls in WPF and Silverlight – Pete Brown continues with a series of posts looking at helping ease WinForms developers over to the world of WPF and Silverlight taking a look at the variety of ways of creating controls both in code and in XAML.
- The Fat ViewModel – Richard Dingwall takes a look at the Fat ViewModel anti-pattern, discussing how you can identify if you are suffering from this and looking at some of the causes.
- Experience ASP.NET MVC 3 Beta/RC – The New Dependency Injection Support – Part 2 – Xianzhong Zhu continues exploring the improved support for Dependency Injection in ASP.NET MVC 3 looking in this part at using dependency injection in your model classes with a worked example.
- Rebuilding the PDC 2010 Silverlight Application (Part 3) – Mike Taulty continues his rebuilding of his PDC Session Downloader Silverlight application looking at the use of WCF Data services to access the session information data.