Posted by Chris Alcock on 18 Nov 2010 | Tagged as: .NET, Development, Morning Brew
- Windows Forms Developers: Tell me about your applications - Pete Brown is looking into easing the transition from WinForms to WPF and Silverlight for Developers and their applications, and to that end is looking for your input to help get a picture of the types of applications still being created and maintained in WinForms.
- Thumbnail Previews in the IDE Navigator - Zain Naboulsi shares a registry change which will bring the previews of files in the ctrl+tab navigation window back to Visual Studio 2010. This feature was disabled in the latest IDE version, but can be easily re-enabled.
- Three T4 Cheat sheets (General Overview, @Template Details and Examples) - Greg Duncan highlights 3 Cheat Sheets covering aspects of T4 Templates from Robery MacLean. The cheat sheets are provided in PDF format and cover the key concepts in T4 , the @template directive and a set of examples.
- XDT (web.config) Transforms in non-web projects - Sayed Ibrahim Hashimi looks at using the XDT Web.Config transformations in other project types via the MSBuild task for performing the transform illustrating with an example of using them in a WPF application.
- WCF How To - Configuration Based Activation - Ron Jacobs talks about the support in WCF and WF in .NET 4 for having service endpoints which do not require .svc files on the file system.
- No More Magic Strings! Presenting: @string.of - Arik Poznanski shares a useful helper method which helps you to eliminate ‘magic’ strings from your code when you are actually refering to something which has a well defined name in your code.
- Authorization With RoleManager For Claims Aware (WIF) ASP.NET Web Applications - Alik Levin walks through the creation of a basic ASP.NET application which uses the RoleManager for authentication providing Claims Aware Authentication using the Windows Identity Foundation
No Comments »
Posted by Chris Alcock on 17 Nov 2010 | Tagged as: .NET, Development, Morning Brew
- Update: Process Explorer v14 - The Sysinternals team announce a new major update to the Process Explorer tool. This new version introduces disk and network monitoring, further memory and CPU statistics and much more.
- Sync Framework 4.0 October 2010 CTP Refreshed on 11/16 - Sreedhar Pelluru of the Sync Framework Team highlights the release of a CTP refresh whcih brings two new features to the framework, a wizard UI for working with SyncSvcUtil and a sample application for the iPhone showing how to build offline applications on that platform.
- SharpVectors - SVG# Reloaded: An Introduction - Paul Selormey discusses his SharpVectorGraphics (AKA SVG#) library which is a project on CodePlex which aims to provide libraries for working with SVG on Windows and WPF.
1 Comment »
Posted by Chris Alcock on 16 Nov 2010 | Tagged as: .NET, Development, Morning Brew
- Feature Pack 2 is Available! - Brian Harry announces the release of the second Feature Pack for Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate, Premium and Test editions. Feature Pack 2 includes all the goodness from Feature Pack 1 along with support for testing Silverlight applications, recording tests in Firefox, and an editor for Coded UI tests.
- Visual Studio 2010 Feature Pack 2 - Videos - Mathew Aniyan highlights videos of the new Feature Pack 2 features
- Castle Windsor/Core 2.5.2 - Krzysztof Kozmic announces the second bugfix release of Castle Windsor and Castle Core, this release addresses reported issues, along with upgrading to NLog 2 and includes a logging facility for Silverlight
- F# in MonoDevelop and cross-platform web sites & screencasts - Tomáš Petříček announces the first beta release of his F# binding for MonoDevelop which brings first class support for the F# language to the MonoDevelop IDE providing Intellisense autocompletion and the F# interactive tool window. Tomáš also shares two screencasts to help you get up and running with F# on Mono under Linux.
No Comments »
Posted by Chris Alcock on 15 Nov 2010 | Tagged as: .NET, Development, Morning Brew
- jQuery 1.4.4 Released - The jQuery Team announce the release of jQuery 1.4.4. This release addresses a number of community reported issues, along with a new method ‘fadeToggle’. The team are now turning their attention to planning jQuery 1.5
- Prism 4.0 For Visual Studio 2010, .NET Framework 4.0, WPF & Silverlight 4 - Karl Shifflett announces the release of Prism 4.0 , available for Visual Studio 2010, .NET Framework 4.0, WPF, Silverlight 4 & Windows Phone 7. The major feature is the support for Windows Phone 7, and this is joined by documentation in the form of sample applications, Quick Start Guides, and Hands on labs.
- Introducing Power Assert .NET - Rob Fonseca-Ensor highlights his latest Open Source Project. Power Assert .NET is a port of the Groovy PowerAssert which gives a complete output of an expression tree when assertation fails.
- MVVM Technical Description - Karl Shifflett shares an excerpt from his In the Box – MVVM Training, available through the Visual Studio Gallery. In the Box is a multi media training delivered through the Visual Studio IDE
- WS-I Completes Interoperability Standards for Web Services - Bruce Kyle highlights the completion of over a decades work by the Web Services Interoperability Organization with the ratification of the final 3 web service profiles. Burce also provides some links to futher information on these standards.
- ASP.NET MVC 3: Server-Side Comments with Razor - Scott Guthrie highlights one of the new ASP.NET MVC 3 features, support for server side comments in the Razor View Engine.
- MVC 3 RC Enhancements - ‘nmarun’ looks at a number of the improvements in the ASP.NET MVC 3 Release Candidate, including improved control of session in controllers, Output caching, request validation and NuGet.
- ASP.NET MVC 3 RC Bug and Quick Solution - Imran Baloch talks about the improved Granualr Request Validation in ASP.NET MVC 3 RC and highlights a bug (and a workaround) with HTML being passed with ValidateInput set to false.
- AOP in C#? Over Anders Hejlsberg’s Dead Body! - Gael Fraiteur responds to Anders Hejlsberg’s answers to whether C# will gain Aspect Oriented Programming capabilities in later versions with a good myth busting set of points and responses - very interesting reading (as are the comments)
- Basic to Basics: What is Dependency Inversion? Is it IoC? Part 1 - John Sonmez continues his Back to Basics series with an introductory look at Dependency Inversion and how it relates to IoC.
- Migrating a Silverlight Application to Windows Phone 7 - Dan Wahlin discusses porting Silverlgiht Applications to the Windows Phone device, porting his Album Viewer sample application to the Phone, discussing the key points of the process.
- Combinatorial Testing: Testing Highly Probable Combinations - Bj Rollison discusses choosing combinations of values for testing in Combinatorial Testing, talking about how its most worth testing the highly probably combinations first
- Getting started with F# using an online book - Don Syme highlights a great F# learning tool in e-book form - The F# Survival Guide, by John Puopolo with Sandy Squires.
- Silverlight Firestarter 2nd December 2010 - Scott Guthrie heads up a fantastic lineup of Silverlight talks as a pars of the Silverlight Firestarter event, an in person and streamed live event on Thursday 2nd December, starting 9am PST
No Comments »
Posted by Chris Alcock on 12 Nov 2010 | Tagged as: .NET, Development, Morning Brew
No Comments »
Posted by Chris Alcock on 11 Nov 2010 | Tagged as: .NET, Development, Morning Brew
No Comments »
Posted by Chris Alcock on 10 Nov 2010 | Tagged as: .NET, Development, Morning Brew
- NuGet CTP 2 Released! - Phil Haack gives the lowdown on the CTP2 release of NuGet. This new version introduces some changes to the package format specification, and the introduction of OData as the format for the package feed.
- WebMatrix Beta 3: Now available! - The Microsoft Web Platform Team announce the release of the 3rd Beta release of WebMatrix. This release builds on the key principles that underpin the product to improve the production of simple web applications.
- November 2010 F# 2.0 Free Tools Update - The F# Team have updated the F#2.0 Free Tools. These tools bring tooling support for F# to Visual Studio 208 and Visual Studio 2010 Shell. This update brings some improvements for users working with Mono or the Windows Phone 7
- SQL Server v.Next (Denali) : Setup walk-through - Aaron Bertrand discusses the setup of the first public CTP of SQL Server Denali the next major version of SQL Server which was released yesterday at the PASS conference.
- First look at SQL Server Management Studio Denali - SQLDenis takes a look at the Management Studio interface of the CTP release of SQL Server Denali.
- SSMS Tools Pack 1.9.3 is out! - Mladen Prajdić announces an updated version of his SQL Server Management Studio Tools. This extension brings a number of useful features to the Management Studio environment, and this release brings improved history features to the query editor, along with fixing reported bugs.
No Comments »
Posted by Chris Alcock on 09 Nov 2010 | Tagged as: .NET, Development, Morning Brew
- PDC 2010 Session Downloader in Silverlight - Mike Taulty shares a Silverlight application which consumes the PDC2010 OData feed providing a easy way of getting the Session content (videos and Slides), along with illustrating the use of Silverlight by presenting the sourcecode for the application for you to examine.
- Silverlight Elements 2.0 is here! - Mindscape announce the release of their Silverlight Elements 2.0 control library, a commercially licensed collection of Silverlight controls, and three of these controls (Coverflow, Book and Expander) are completely free as a part of their Free edition
- Europe Virtual ALT.NET: Discussion on the State of (ALT).NET on 23 November 2010 - Jan Van Ryswyck announces the next Virtual Alt.Net Usergroup virtual event to be held on the evening of 23rd November starting at 8pm , discussing the state of the Alt.Net community, looking for feedback on the events organised by the group and looking at the future of the group and the Alt.Net movement.
- How to decrease risk when designing integrated systems - Sarah Taraporewalla highlights her talk at the London .NET Usergroup to be held on the evening of Thursday 18th November 2010 where she will be discussing how you can intelligently design systems which have to integrate with other systems to avoid some of the common pitfalls of such development.
- Video: Julie Lerman on Entity Framework 4 - Seth Juarez catches up with Julie Lerman at DevConnections discussing her session at this conference, POCO support in Entity Framework, EF4 features and improvements, and much more
- LIDNUG: Scott Guthrie Talks Shop VII - The Linked In .NET Usergroup welcome Scott Guthrie back for another ‘Talks Shop’ session where Scott answers your questions on development and the .NET stack. This virtual event is running on Friday 19th November 2010 at 10AM PST
No Comments »
« Previous Page — Next Page »