- Patch for VS 2010 "Scrolling Context Menu" - Scott Guthrie announces the release of patches for Visual Studio 2010 and WPF which resolves a commonly encountered IDE bug where the context menu will scroll unnecessary when there is sufficient screen spaces to show the menu with no scrolling.
- Prism v4 Drop 10 Published - Karl Shifflett highlights the release of Prism V4’s 10th drop release, which brings the project to a code complete status and includes a number of new documentation chapters. Karl also highlights some recent blogposts of his which have been updated to reflect Drop 10.
- VsVim Update Released (Version 0.9.2) - Jared Parsons announces an updated release of VsVim, the Visual Studio Extension which brings Vim keyboard bindings to the Visual Studio IDE. This version is a substantial update adding new motion commands, a rewrite of the Visual Mode, and fixes for memory leaks and other bugs.
- KiGG 3.0 Released - Muhammad Mosa announces the release of KiGG 3.0, a social news platform created in .NET technologies providing a real world sample application which build on ASP.NET MVC 2, Linq to SQL / Entitiy Framework, Patterns and Practices libraries, xUnit.NET, Moq, JQuery and much more
- Updating NuPack Contributor Guidelines - & NuPack Up For Grabs Items - Phil Haack follows up on his previous post on managing contributions on Open Source projects, and talks about a category of issue recorded in NuPack’s CodePlex issue tracker which is intended to provide new contributors with good issues to make a start on
- RavenDB - Image Gallery Project (IX)&- The Basic Image Model - ,(X) - File Storage & (XI) - Our First View - Rob Ashton presses on with his series on building an Image Gallery in .NET using RavenDB to provide the the data store and explores the building of the Image model classes, the uploading of images and the storage of them in documents in the database, and takes an initial look at building ASP.NET MVC Views.
- ChartResult: Testable ASP.NET MVC 3 controller actions that return Chart - Gunnar Peipman continues exploring the ASP.NET MVC3 support for creation of charts, exploring the options for testing chart generation code.
- Making Static Code Analysis and Code Contracts work together, or the CA1062 problem - Terje Sandstrom looks at getting Code Contracts and Static Code Analysis working together, sharing two work arounds which work around the CA1062 warning that combining the two causes.
- CruiseControl.Net and MSTest - Maria Marcano shares notes on setting up CruiseControl.Net to run your projects MSTest based tests, sharing the configuration sections and XSL templates required to generate reports from the test run
- RavenDB - Live projections, or how to do joins in a non relational database - Ayende discusses a new RavenDB feature which has him very excited. Live projections provides a way of pulling data from a related document as a part of the main query, and Ayende illustrates the feature with an example of users and user aliases and querying to return users and their aliases in one result.
- Use a Single Version File For All Projects in a Solution - Mike Hadlow discusses a good practice for ensuring you have common version numbers and other assembly level attributes across all the projects in a solution by sharing a common Version.cs / AssemblyVersion.cs file.
- Gotchas: Assembly Level Attributes in F# - Ade Miller looks at assembly level attributes in F#, and highlights a trick you need in order to get them to compile.