Windows Phone 7
- Windows Phone 7 information and resources - Everything you love, easier and faster. - Eric Ligman gives an overview of the Windows Phone 7 announcements from yesterday providing links, details and videos of the devices, features and information about their release.
- Windows Phone Launch Day - US Launch November 8th, with 9 devices. Over 60 mobile operators across the globe! - Dave Isbitski gives some more details about the devices which will be available on launch day
- Windows Phone 7 will be available in UK stores on 21 October - Rachel Collier discusses the UK launch of Windows Phone 7 and provides a link to the launch keynote recording.
- The New Windows Phone 7 Ads and a Big Hint for Your App Designs - Joey deVilla shares two of the new Windows Phone 7 TV commercials and discusses the underlying message of the adverts.
- Windows Ribbon for WinForms v2.5 Released - New Events Mechanism - Arik Poznanski releases version 2.5 of this managed wrapper around the Windows Ribbon Framework providing a managed interface for creating a free Ribbon based UI. This update includes improvements to the events making them more .NET like.
- Should Assertion Library - Eric Hexer releases beta 1.1.12 of the Should Assertation Library which provides a collection of extension methods allowing AAA and BDD style test assertions to be made off the object being tested.
- Microsoft Silverlight Analytics Framework 1.4.7 Released - Michael S. Scherotter announces the release of the Silverlight Analytics Framework 1.4.7. This release fixes a number of bugs and also includes support for tracking Silverlight Media Framework 2.2 in both Silverlight and Windows Phone7.
- Debunking another myth about value types - Eric Lippert continues his series looking at myths surrounding value types, discussing in this part the allocation of memory for value types versus reference types
- Multiple variables in a using statement - Kirill Osenkov highlights a little know feature of the using statement, that you can instantiate multiple items in a single using statement as long as the type is the same.
- The Caveats of Time Zone Names - Greg of the BCL Team discusses some of the complexities of dealing with time zones in .NET and some of the confusion that the naming of certain time zones causes, including ambiguities of Daylight savings time.
- A Quick Play With NuPack - Mike Hadlow takes a look at NuPack, exploring package creation by looking into building a package for Castle Windsor 2.5.1, running through the steps of creating the package in the post.
- Light up your NuPacks with startup code and WebActivator - David Ebbo digs down into some of the more complex NuPack usage, looking at how you can package (or NuPack) assemblies with configuration code included and also looks at the use of the WebActivator, illustrating with its use in the Spark View Engine Package.
- A close look at the Razor Parse Tree - Pranav Rastogi takes a look at the Parse Tree created by the Razor View Engine discussing the various parts which make up the parse tree, showing examples of how the content gets parsed.
- ASP.NET MVC 3 Beta: Built-in support for charts - Gunnar Peipman discusses the inclusion of charting support in ASP.NET MVC 3 Beta, showing some samples of the functioanlity in use.
- White Paper: Silverlight, WPF and Windows Phone 7 cross platform development - Colin Eberhardt shares a whitepaper based around his recent talk at a ScottLogic / Microsoft event which looks at how WPF and Silverlight are unifying Desktop, browser and smartphone development
- Pushing the Boundaries of HTML5 Gaming: Jitterbugs - Tim Sneath discusses the use of HTML5 for creating games in browser, discussing the use of HTML 5 features in Jitterbugs
- Fluent Search Interface with some Func - Deran Schilling talks about creating Fluent Interfaces, and works through the process of creating a real world Fluent Interface for searching.