UPDATE: The ‘Agatha 1.2 Is Available’ and ‘NLog 2.0 Beta 1 has been released’ links got entwined by a bit of broken HTML which is now resolved (an both should be visible). Thanks to Krzysztof Ko?mic for spotting it and letting me know.
- Patch For ASP.NET Vulnerability Available - Paulo Morgado highlights the release of the Out Of Band Security Update which addresses the ASP.NET Padding Oracle vulnerability
- Agatha 1.2 Is Available - Davy Brion announces the 1.2 release of Agatha a Request Response Service Layer implementation for .NET. This release targets .NET 4 / Silverlight 4 only and brings client side caching support, improvements to DI/IOC Container support and much more.
- NLog 2.0 Beta 1 has been released - The NLog team release their 1st beta of NLog 2, a logging framework written for .NET and providing rich logging and routing functionality. The V2 release is focusing on adding .NET 4 / Silverlight 4 support
- Microsoft Expression Blend 4 SP1 - Rachel Collier highlights the release of Expression Blend 4 Service Pack 1 which adds support for Windows Phone 7 projects, adds support for FXG documents and addresses a number of user reported bugs.
- Team Foundation Installation Guide for Visual Studio 2010 - Microsoft release the latest edition of a CHM (Help) based guide to installing Team Foundation Server, Team Foundation Server Proxy and Team Foundation Build Services
- ASP.NET MVC, session state and concurrent requests: not what you’d expect - ‘Rudi’ explores some performance problems in an ASP.NET application, discovering a bottle neck in the application caused by Session State, resulting in only a single request from a user executing at the same time. Rudi then explores techniques for improving this in ASP.NET and ASP.NET MVC applications.
- Custom Ordering of Action Filters in ASP.NET MVC - Greg Shackles explores the use of ASP.NET MVC Action Filters, looking at their default order of execution, and looking at how you can control the order of the filters being applied.
- Logical Call Context: Flowing Data across Threads, AppDomains, and Processes - Jeffrey Richter talks about Thread Local Storage, and its limitation when working with ThreadPools, and explores the use of CallContext as an alternative sharing a simple example.
- Reaching Unreachable Code - Jason Bock discusses some differences between the C# and VB.NET Compiler, looking at the case of some un-reachable code being included in methods after compile in certain modes.
- RavenDB - Image Gallery Project (II) - Setting Up - Rob Ashton presses on with his series on building a RavenDB application, discussing where to get RavenDB from, and looks at the choice of client code to access the database.
- Custom Windows Workflow activity for dependency resolutionâ€“Part 2 - Rory Primrose continues his series of posts looking at Dependency Injection / Resolution in Windows Workflow. In this part Rory talks about the code that makes his custom WF activity bring this functionality to the workflow.
- This one’s for you, Gregor Mendel [Code to animate and fade Windows Phone orientation changes now supports a new mode: hybrid!] - David Anson shares some further code for providing nice animation for Windows Phone 7 orientation changes, providing a hybrid of AnimateOrientationChangesFrame and FadeOrientationChangesFrame which gives the nice effect whilst hiding some of the complexities of the process.