Posted by Chris Alcock on Thursday 29th July 2010 at 07:39 am | Tagged as: .NET, Development, Morning Brew
- Migrating ASP.NET MVC 2 applications to ASP.NET MVC 3 Preview 1 – Eilon Lipton releases an updated version of his ASP.NET MVC Project Converter which now enables upgrades from ASP.NET MVC 2 to ASP.NET MVC 3 Preview 1. The new version of the tool requires that you have .NET 4 on the machine and takes backups of the project as it upgrades it.
- Microsoft XAML Toolkit CTP – July 2010 – Brian Chapman highlights the imminent release second CTP release of the Microsoft X
AML Toolkit (imminent as it has not yet been posted up on the projects
code.MSDN site). This release includes improved Silverlight support, increasing the support to Silverlight 3 and 4, along with Windows Phone 7.
- Microsoft XAML Toolkit CTP – July 2010 – Brian Chapman highlights the immenent release second CTP release of the Microsoft X
AML Toolkit (iminant as it has not yet been posted up on the projects
Code.MSDN site). This release includes improved Silverlight support, increasing the support to Silverlight 3 and 4, along with Windows Phone 7.
- TFS 2010 updates coming to a download site near you – Brian Harry gives a heads up on a number of service releases for TFS which fix bugs, improve the quality of components and improve the general experience of using the product.
- New C# Yellow Book Now Available – Rob Miles releases an updated version of his free C# Programming ‘Yellow Book’. This updated edition has an improved structure, new content on threading and collections. This 197 page book is used as a part of the University of Hull’s First Year programming course, and is an excellent introduction to the language.
- Microsoft XAML Toolkit CTP – July 2010: Silverlight Features, FxCop Rule Authoring, XAML DOM – & FxCop Integration – Brian Chapman explores some of the features of the XAML Toolkit CTP, looking at the improved Silverlight support, the manipulating XAML using the XAML DOM, and integrating and creating FxCop rules for XAML
- MVC 3 – first look – Arun Mahendrakar shares his first impressions of the ASP.NET MVC 3 Preview release, running through some experiments with the framework and sharing the sample code.
- Integrated StructureMap container for the MvcServiceLocator in ASP.NET MVC 3 – Thang Chung takes a look at using the new ASP.NET MVC Service Locator support to integrate the Structure Map Inversion of Control / Dependency Injection container into an ASP.NET MVC application.
- ASP.NET MVC 3: Using HttpStatusCodeResult & Creating HttpStatusCodeResult with view based body – Gunnar Peipman continues exploring the new Action Results in the ASP.NET MVC 3 Preview 1 release with a look at HttpStatusCodeResult which allows you to return a specific HTTP status code, and explores how you can do this with also returning some page content from a view.
- Kent Beck’s Test Driven Development Screencasts – Mark Needham discusses the Test Driven Development Screen casts from Kent Beck, published by the Pragmatic Programmers, discussing some of the things he noticed watching Kent doing TDD, and looks at the ‘Call your shots‘ technique where your announce what the test will do before you run it, and also looks at a common TDD mistake when Testing collections
- WCF by Example – Introduction, Chapter I – Baseline, Chapter II – Repositories, Chapter III – Response ,Chapter IV – Transaction Manager & Chapter V – Contexts – Enrique Albert presents a series of articles on building a WPF client application calling WCF services backed by NHibernate data access. Currently at 5 chapters + introduction (with more parts to follow) this CodeProject article series walks through the creation of a 3 tier (Rich Client, Application Serice, Data Storage) application.
- LINQ and N-ary Cartesian Products – Ian Griffiths starts a series of posts looking at producing n-ary Cartesian Products using LINQ. This problem space has been discussed before by Eric Lippert, however Ian indicates that he came to a slightly different solution.
1 Comment »