Special Section included today for the chatter about the ASP.NET MVC 3 Preview 1 release.
ASP.NET MVC3 Preview 1
- ASP.NET MVC 3 Preview 1 Released - Phil Haack announces the the release of the first Preview of ASP.NET MVC 3. This preview release requires ASP.NET 4 and Visual Studio 2010 in order to operate, and includes a the Razor View Engine (in CSHTML), makes use of the Service Locator for hooking up to Dependency Injection Frameworks, supports the .NET 4 Data Annotations and Validations and improves the tooling for multiple view engine support.
- Introducing ASP.NET MVC 3 (Preview 1) - Scott Guthrie does his usual in depth preview of the ASP.NET MVC 3 Preview 1 release, showing an overview of the new features in his screenshot rich way.
- ASP.NET MVC 3 Preview 1 Released - Channel 9 Video and Hanselminutes Podcast 224, Oh My! - Scott Hanselman paid a visit to Phil Haack (and Morgan his an intern on the ASP.NET team) to discuss the ASP.NET MVC 3 Preview 1 Release, and some of the other stuff they are working on and here provides the video on Channel 9, and also his latest podcast goes into more detailed discussions of the MVC release
- Brad Wilson: ASP.NET MVC 3 Service Location, Part 1: Introduction, Part 2: Controllers, Part 3: View Engines/View Pages & Part 4: Filters - Brad Wilson does a 4 part blog series looking at the ASP.NET MVC 3 Preview 1 Service Locator functionality, exploring the background to its use and looking in detail at how it works for Controllers, Views and View Engines and Filters
- ASP.NET MVC 3: Using HttpNotFoundResult action result - Gunnar Peipman takes a look at one of the new ActionResults types in ASP.NET MVC 3, showing how you can use the HttpNotFoundResult type
- ASP.NET MVC 3: New ViewModel is dynamic ViewData - Gunnar also looks at how the ASP.NET MVC3 Preview 1 takes advantage of the .NET 4 Dynamic support with the addition of the ViewModel property of a controller allowing you to use dynamic objects in your views.
- ASP.NET MVC 3 and MEF sitting in a tree… - Maarten Balliauw takes a look at using the new ServiceLocator support in ASP.NET MVC 3 Preview 1 to make use of the Managed Extensibility Framework (MEF) to provide Dependency Injection capabilities.
- HQL Language Service for Visual Studio - HQLAddin is a new open source project from ‘jfromaniello’ which aims to bring IDE support for writing NHibernate HQL queries inside the Visual Studio IDE. Currently at an alpha 1 release it supports HQL syntax checking and highlighting, with intellisense the next big feature planned.
- ASP.NET MVC: Adding client-side validation to ValidatePasswordLengthAttribute - Stuart Leeks looks at the ValidatePasswordLength validator provided in the Account support in the ASP.NET MVC 2 project template, and looks at how you can go about adding support for client side checking of this validation rule.
- Mercurial workflows: mainline workflow - Jimmy Bogard continues his series of posts on workflows in the new batch of Distributed Version Control Systems with a look at setting up a mainline workflow in Mercurial
- Structured Systems Analysis & Design UNISA studies – Chap 1 - Mark Pearl starts a new series of lecture notes from his studies at UNISA, with this series on Structured Systems Analysis & Design. This first part introduces the key definitions, looks at the skills and role of the systems analyst and related careers.
- Ultimate Developer PC 2.0 - Part 3 - UPDATE on Building a WEI 7.9 and RFC for building a GOM (God’s Own Machine) - Scott Hanselman gives an update on the build of his ultimate developer machine comparing some performance figures and real world performance figures from compiling NHibernate 3, along with discussing the different Windows experience scores as the machine was configured and drivers installed.
- The Segment and Sequence Project Iterators - Paul White explores some fo the query optimisation that SQL server can do to your queries which utilise the top operator to retrieve the first X records from a result set, working from a very simple case looking at the execution plan, through to more complex versions of the query, and a discussion of two of the less well known execution plan operations related to top.
- Silverlight and WCF RIA Services (6 - “Validation) - Mike Taulty continues his series on Silverlight and the WCF Rich Internet Application (RIA) Services with a worked example of introducing validation to your application, starting out with a blank project and showing the full process with plenty of sample code and screenshots.
- Iterate, damn you! - Jon Skeet takes a look at a simple piece of code that does not do what you might think, and shows why mutable value types can cause rather a lot of confusion, along with showing how you can work around this particular problem.
- MVCConf Videos Posted! - Darcy Lussier highlights the release of the session videos from last weeks mvcConf virtual conference, so if you missed out on any of the sessions this is your opportunity to see the great content from the event.
- CodeBetter/Devlicio.us/LosTechies MSDN Ultimate Giveaways - Tuna Toksoz - Devlicio.us - Just the Tasty Bits - Tuna Toksoz announces a scheme for distribution of some of the MVP MSDN licenses provided to Microsoft MVPs to be distributed amongst the community. A number of the bloggers from devlicio.us CodeBetter and LosTechies have combined their licenses and are looking for open source projects which are in need of the software that the MSDN license provides.