- PLINQO 5.0 - An ORM for 2010! - CodeSmith announce the release of PLINQO 5.0, their open source library of LINQ to SQL enhancements, now built against .NET 4 and Visual Studio 2010, and including a number of new features and bugfixes
- Checking For Empty Enumerations - Phil Haack looks at the most efficient way of establishing if an IEnumerable is null or has no elements, looking at a few solutions and discussing their performance characteristics, and finally providing a useful extension method implementation.
- Checking For Empty Enumerations - Ayende follows up on Phil’s post with a look at a situation where the extension method may not work correctly due to not being able to enumerate over the Enumerable multiple times, and provides an alternate implementation.
- Don’t repeat yourself; consts are already static - Eric Lippert takes a look at one of the great questions of our time, why const declarations do not allow the use of the static modifier when that is what they are.
- CQRS - Benefits - Dylan Smith summarises the feedback he received answering some of his questions about the benefits of Command Query Responsibility Segregation, and finds some more question marks.
- Code Contracts LiveTemplates for ReSharper - Kevin Hazzard highlights a collection of ReSharper Live Templates for Code Contracts compiled by Stuart Leitch which mimic the default code snippets that Code contracts provides in native Visual Studio.
- Functional Fun: Practical Linq #5: Guessing the language of a piece of text - Samuel Jack takes a look at language detection, inspired by Google Chrome’s ability to detect the language of a page, looking at the use of 26 dimension geometry along with some LINQ to provide a simple language detection routine you can use.
- SOLID By [C#] Example Or "Stop talking about SOLID and show me the code…" - Greg Duncan highlights some illustrating examples of the consituent parts of the SOLID Principles . These samples are mostly taken from various posts on SOLID from the chaps over at LosTechies.com, and show simple concise examples in source available from CodePlex.
- Localization of XAML files in Silverlight - Emiel Jongerius takes a look at the process of localization in Silverlight XAML files, walking through the process of building a simple sample, with full code available.
- .NET Framework Reference Enhancements Preview - Kimberly Wolk provides access of a preview area of the new MSDN .NET Framework Reference site, with a view to gathering feedback about the changes they are planning to make. If you have the time, take a look and give them feedback via the survey link in this post.
- Are daily stand-ups necessary? - Jimmy Bogard discusses the role, purpose and usefulness of the daily stand up meeting so widely used in software development, looking at both negatives and positives of the standup.
- Silverlight: Prefer synchronous web service calls - Andreas Hallberg looks at a way of calling web services in the standard synchronous way when working in Silverlight (although doing it on a different thread), looking at the advantages of working this way in terms of code simplicity and testability.