Update: Looks like another rogue character infiltrated one of today’s links - Ayende’s RavenDB Launch Event link in the community section is now updated to work correctly
- CodeRush 10.1 hits RTM - Rory Becker highlights the release of DevExpress CodeRush 10.1. Released as a part of DXperience (which is the reason I missed the release last week) this upgraded version supports Visual Studio 2010, 2008 and 2005, and in addition to the pay for offering, CodeRush XPress also gets an upgrade.
- NHibernate Workbench - Felice Pollano announces a preview release of a new NHibernate development tool which brings auto complete and various previews of results and SQL. looks like a useful tool, and one to watch.
- F# PowerPack May 2010 - now for Silverlight - Dmitry Lomov highlights the release of the latest F# Powerpack a collection of open source libraries used and created by the F# team, which now includes support for the use of the libraries in Silverlight 3 and 4
- Download the SharePoint 2010 Software Development Kit (SDK)! - The SharePoint 2010 Software Development Kit gets its May update. This kit contains documentation, samples for both SharePoint Foundation and SharePoint Server, providing details of how the technology works, and step by step guides to working with it.
- iBATIS Project Team Moving to Google Code - Clinton Begin announces the plans of the team iBatis Data Mapper tool to fork the platform under the name ‘MyBatis’ and to begin development again away from the Apache Foundation.
- Essential Tools for the WPF Novice - Michael Sorens takes a tour of the utilities he most values for working with WPF applications, taking a lok at the SDK XAML Browser, Type Explorer, Snoop Visual WPF Debugger, Windows Forms to XAML, and XAMLPad (and familly)
- Code Contracts: How they look after compiling? - Gunnar Peipman looks at how Code Contracts in your code look once they are compiled in, showing how even simple contracts result in a significant amount of generated code to handle the contact implementation.
- Anti-Forgery Request Recipes For ASP.NET MVC And AJAX - Dixin’s Blog - Dixin takes a look at some of the options for preventing request forgery when working with ASP.NET MVC and AJAX requests, examining best practices for enabling validation, non-constant salt and workign with validation in Ajax requests
- MonoDroid - Mono for Android Beta Program - Miguel de Icaza talks about the plans for MonoDroid, a porting of Mono to the Android platform, and shares a survey to help the team prioritize features and stories, and also to gather people for the beta of this product.
- Dynamic Type to do away with Reflection - Rick Strahl explores the use of the new .NET 4 / C#4 Dynamic functionality in place of the more traditional Reflection approach, to improve the code and improve the performance
- Porting MVC Music Store to Raven: Porting the HomeController, the Right Way & Porting MVC Music Store to Raven: Migrations - Ayende continues the process of porting the ASP.NET MVC MVC Music Store sample to being backed onto RavenDB with a look at using Map Reduce to solve one of the problems on the HomePage, and talking about how Raven makes changes to the database schema easier.
- Exposing F# Dynamic Lookup to C#, WPF & Silverlight - Phillip Trelford takes a look at how you can combine the dynamic features of F# with the other .NET Languages to expose F# defined dynamic properties to code from other languages
- BDD using SpecFlow on ASP.NET MVC Application - Rajesh Pillai walks through the steps of creating a BDD style story scenario as an automated test using SpecFlow, NUnit and Moq
- Free event: Anatomy of a good acceptance test - June 10th, London - Gojko Adzic will be running an exercise from his acceptance testing workshop at the next London Agile Testing Usergoup meeting to be held on the evening of 10th June at Skills Matter in London.
- The RavenDB launch video - Ayende shares the video from his somewhat longer than planned RavenDB launch event session at SkillsMatter.