UPDATE: Corrected typo in DynamicWrapper summary - thanks @martinrue for pointing it out
- Introducing DynamicWrapper - Brian Genisio shares his DynamicWrapper project which allows you to apply an interface to any object and call those methods on the object, allowing for
suckduck typing in static languages.
- A Pair Programming Article…in the New York Times?! - Joey deVilla highlights a mainstream media article about pair programming in the New York Times. This may be a good article to reference if ever needing to convince a non-technical audience of the benefits.
- Fluent API for .NET RIA Services Metadata - Nikhil Kothari shares a first attempt at creating a fluent interface for the RIA Services meta data, replacing the buddy class approach with some solid code
- WPF Designer sample code is posted - Jim Galasyn highlights the release of some code samples for creating custom design time functionality for your WPF controls including custom property editors and control adorners. Silverlight samples are due to be released soon.
- Lazy loading, Inheritance, and Persistence ignorance (part 2) - Thomas Weller continues his series looking at the common pitfall of ORM loaded polymorphic objects and proxies. In this part Thomas looks at the first of the possible work around to help avoid these problems
- An in depth look at the Historical Debugger in Visual Studio 2010 (Part VI) - Habib Heydarian takes a look at the historical debugging capabilities of Visual Studio 2010
- NHibernate, Inverse, and Object Associations - Jonathan Oliver talks about the inverse attribute in NHibernate, and the important issue of collection ownership with NHibernate
- The 23 Gang of Four Design Patterns .. Revisited - Subodh Pushpak shares a nice short summary of the patterns outlined in the Gang of Four book on Design Patterns, with a short summary of each.
- Why is ‘Buy’not always better than ‘Build’ - Mike Hadlow talks about the important considerations about buying systems and customising versus creating a custom system from scratch.
- Hacking LINQ Expressions: Join With Comparer - Keith Dahlby looks at creating SQL like joins in Linq expressions by adding support to join to objects based on a comparer implementation
- Open Source development model - Ayende shares some interesting thoughts on Open Source development, encouraging adoption and the CodePlex Foundation
- Control web.config inheritance with IIS 7, ASP.NET options - Steve Schofield highlights three ways you can control the inheritance of the sections of web.Config with applications in multiple virtual directories and site roots in IIS 7.
- Optimizing Windsor - Ayende talks about some optimisation work he recently carried out relating to large numbers of Windsor component registrations, identifying an O(N^2) issue and how ti was resolved