Very much looking forward to the Alt.Net UK Conference this weekend, hope to see a few of you there!
- QueryUnit Proof-Of-Concept code released – Davide Mauri shares a proof of concept build of his tool to enable Database code such as queries and cubes to be tested by DBAs using NUnit without them needing to know any .NET code. This looks like a project to watch given some of the proposed features
- Writing a Custom NHibernate Class Validator – Billy McCafferty – Devlicio.us – Billy McCafferty shows how you can use the NHibernate Validator to create validation at the class level, allowing you to validate things across multiple properties, such as this worked example where any one of two properties may be true, but not both.
- Reviewing NerdDinner – Ayende takes a look at the NerdDinner sample application, with a view to (at the urging of Scott Hanselman) creating an NHibernate based version now that Linq to NHibernate is feature complete. Ayende continues with Reviewing NerdDinner: The Select N+1 pitfall where he looks at a possible N+1 select problem which could be triggered from a view.
- CodeRush vs CodeRush Xpress? – Rory Becker highlights the differences (and the amount of stuff you get for free) between CodeRush and CodeRush Xpress. I’m a ReSharper man myself, however if you aren’t using a tool like this, CodeRush Xpress looks well worth a go
- What’s the difference, part one: Generics are not templates – Eric Lippert takes a look at one of the stranger (and more confusing) aspects of Generics, how the framework decides which method to call when the signitures could be the same
- Microsoft Demo Showcase Suite Release at WPC2009 – Lachlan Cash highlights the new Microsoft Demo Showcase Suite, launched recently to partners, andJoe Beernink talks about the processes, practices and principles that his consulting company used in the creation of it in a series of 8 parts thus far.
- August’s Toolbox Column Now Online – Scott Mitchell highlights a number of interesting projects and resources for the .NET Developer in his monthly column for MSDN Magazine
- Creating a Data Access layer using Unity – Martin Hinshelwood takes a look at using the Unity Dependency injection framework to create an easily configurable data access layer
- Business Apps Example for Silverlight 3 RTM and .NET RIA Services July Update: Part 15: ASP.NET MVC – Brad Abrams continues his series on Silverlight 3 and the RIA Services with a look at sharing application logic between ASP.NET MVC and Silverlight
- Excerpt from ASP.NET MVC Framework – Sams Publishing share the first chapter from Stephen Walther’s book on ASP.NET MVC on Code Project
- WebResource access in ASP.NET MVC – Rick Strahl talks about the parts of the ASP.NET web forms API which are available in ASP.NET MVC when using ASPX pages, and the problems in consuming them from non-ASPX pages, and issues a plea for Microsoft to open up some of the interfaces so the dependency can be broken
- Alt.Net UK Conference – Due to some last minute cancelations there are a few places for this weekends Alt.Net UK Conference available (for the Sunday Conference), get in quick if you want to attend.
- LIDNUG: Silverlight Ready for Business and .NET RIA Services Presentation â€“ Demo Posted – Brad Abrams shares the demo code and follows up ona few questions from his Linked In Dot Net User Group online presentation