- WikiPlex - An Embedded Wiki Engine - Matt Hawley announces the first public release of WikiPlex, the re-write of the original wiki used in CodePlex which is released under the MS-PL license
- Dryad/DryadLINQ and Project Trident Released - Matthew Podwysocki highlights two of the Microsoft Research software releases announced at the Microsoft Research Faculty Summit, Project Trident to scientific workbench for processing scientific data using C# and workflows, and Dryad / DryadLINQ tools for running Linq queries across a large number of machines as Distributed data parallel computing
- Encrypt Your Web.config, Please - ‘Yet Another WebDev Blog’ shares a neat utility which makes it much easier to encrypt your web.config files
- Business Apps Example for Silverlight 3 RTM and .NET RIA Services July Update: Part 6: Data Transfer Objects (DTOs) - Brad Abrams continues his series on rebuilding his Mix9 Silverlight Demo in Silverlight3, in this part responding to some reader feedback about passing Data Access Layer entities across to Silverlight, and replacing them with pure DTO entities
- Custom XML Serialization of a .NET class - Robert Bogue gives a very simple 5 point guide to implementing your own custom XML Serialisation.
- Google Talk (GTalk) Autoreply using .NET - Shoban Kuma looks at interfacing with the Google Talk Instant Messaging system using the agsXMPP .NET library to write a simple auto responder.
- How to: Use CAT.NET v1.1 as a Visual studio Add-In to identify security flaws within managed code - Syed Aslam Basha looks at how you can use the CAT.NET tool to analyse your code for security flaws, and also provides a code sample which contains lots of flaws which you can use to learn about the tool - also interesting to read the code and play spot the flaw manually
- TDD Anti-Patterns - I came across a couple of people linking to this article from 2006 by James Carr which lists a number of TDD related anti-patterns. Some of the names are rather light hearted, but the problems they describe are quite serious
- Mocking indexer getters with Moq - Bertrand Le Roy, in a follow up to a previously linked post, takes a look at mocking indexer based getters using the Moq mocking framework, which includes an important use of a Lambda to ensure you get the return you want from the mock.
- How to serve the same data in Json, Xml or Html with Asp.Net Mvc revised - Mark Jensen shares some code to allow you to easily return data in a number of different formats in ASP.NET MVC (rather like the way rails does). This code is destined for the mvccontrib project, so expect to see it used in lots of places.
- Presentation Patterns for Virtual ALT.NET in August: You pick the topics - Jeremy D. Miller will be giving presentation on Presentation Patterns to the Virtual Alt.Net usergroup in early August and is looking for the community to shape the talk by suggesting the patterns they would like to hear about