- Silverlight 3 Released - ScottGu gives his usual post release run down of the new and significant features in Silverlight 3, the Silverlight 3 Visual Studio Tools and Expression 3.
- Silverlight Charting gets an update - and a TreeMap! [Silverlight Toolkit July 2009 release now available!] - ‘Delay’ announces an updated release of the Silverlight toolkit for July 2009 which supports Silverlight 2 and 3, and introduces a rather nice treemap control
- Silverlight 3 and CSLA .NET 3.7 - Rockford Lhotka announces an updated build of his CSLA.NET framework updated for the latest Silverlight release and sporting a new new version number
- xUnit.net 1.5 CTP 2 - Brad Wilson announces the second community technology preview of xUnit.NET 1.5. This release contains significant changes to the GUI Runner, which is looking pretty good.
- Why Do I Keep Seeing This Mistake? - Kevin Kline highlights a sloppy, but all to common, practice of doing too much unnecessary work inside a loop.
- Business Apps Example for Silverlight 3 RTM and .NET RIA Services July Update: Part 1: Navigation Basics - Brad Abrams updates the example which was a part of this MIX09 talk on “building business applications with Silverlight 3”. In this part Brad steps through building the navigation and themes
- Cheesy ASP.NET MVC Project Upgrader for Visual Studio 2010 Beta 1 - Scott Hanselman talks about the ASP.NET MVC release which goes with Visual Studio 2010 beta 1, and what is going to happen with beta 2, along with providing a simple upgrader program for VS2008 ASP.NET MVC projects to work in VS2010
- Modeling DSLs with F# and Units of Measure - Matthew Podwysocki talks about the Soccer-Fun functional programming challenge, and looks at Units of Measure in F#, and how thy can be applied in the Soccer-Fun problem.
- Code Deodorants for Code Smells - Nick Harrison looks at the term ‘Code Smells’ and in particular the problem of inappropriate intimacy between objects, looking to solve this code smell with the application of a ‘Code Deodorant’ in the form of ’separation by interface’
- NEric discovers Dimecasts - a great resource for none-Microsoft .NET technologies and tools - Eric Nelson highlights the excellent DimeCasts screen cast series as a great place to get your alternative .NET technologies fix.
- A (less) simple include for ASP.NET - Bertrand Le Roy continues looking at simple methods of including common contents with an enhanced version of his include function for ASP.NET
- LINQ to SQL - Detach Entities. Free source code and programming help - Shannon Davidson and ejsmith explore how you can detach objects from the LINQ to SQL Data Context using PLINQO
- Continuous Integration: Community College Discussion - Mark Needham highlights some key points discussed in a recent Community College event about Continuous Integration
- Lessons From My First Attempt At Bringing Agile Into A Non-Agile shop - Ryan Svihla talks about his experience brings agile practices into a non-agile development environment, focusing on the key areas, and looking at what worked and what didn’t
- How we handle application configuration - Joshua Flanagan talks about how he is managing configuration settings in a type safe, no magic strings, test and tool friendly way, showing it in use and explaining how it works under the hood
- Bart’s Control Library - Not What You Think It Is - Part 0 - Bart De Smet starts a series of posts on the syntax of the C# language, how it is possible to map c#3 programs back to equivalent C#2 programs, and how LINQ fits in with that. Bart starts off with a look at the If Statement, and moves on to look at while loops and non-local returns in Part 1. I have to confess I’ve not fully read these two articles yet, but from a quick glance I think I’m going to need to read them twice to understand them