- Update – SQL Blocked Process Monitor – Jonathan Kehayias announces an updated release of his SQL Blocking Process Monitor for SQL Server 2005 and 2008, which are now split into two downloads to avoid dependency problems.
- The asp.net <deployment retail="¯true"¯ /> attribute – Lasse Eskildsen highlights a useful Machine.Config setting which overrides the standard ‘debug’ attribute in web.config to force all ASP.NET Applications out of Debug mode
- Free ASP.NET MVC "NerdDinner" Tutorial Now in HTML – ScottGu announces a new format for the ASP.NET MVC NerdDinner Tutorial from the Professional ASP.NET MVC book, now available as multi part HTML (and also as a PDF, but then you already knew that)
- NHibernate Unit Testing – Ayende talks about testing NHibernate based code by using an in-memory database to persist to, allowing you to test quickly with (almost) the full stack.
- What’s been happening in Fluent NHibernate land? – James Gregory gives an update on the state of the Fluent NHibernate Project, and talks about the danger of possible regressions due to the amount of change being made.
- The Weekly Source Code 41 – Searching Code, Sharing Code, and Reading Code (and Comments) – Scott Hanselman continues with his Weekly Source Code series with a look at code search engines, easy means of sharing your code snippets along with some of the interesting comments he’s encountered in code.
- What developers should be doing in readiness for Windows 7 – Eric Nelson talks about Application compatibility with Windows , along with shareing some great links on the subject. Also worth checking out some of Eric’s other posts on the subject from the last few days, including details of UK compatibility workshops.
- Validation – Part 3 – Server-Side – Karl Seguin continues with his series on from the ground up validation with a look at the server side portion, and also releases a sample application in his post Presenting CodeBetter.Canvas
- JQuery: Die 22 besten Modal – Fenster Plugins – Dennis S shares a list of 22 implementations of Modal Popups in jQuery. Don’t let the German in the title put you off, the post is screenshots and links.
- Singletons vs. Static Classes – Lee Dumond compares and contrasts the Singleton and the simple static class to see what and why there are differences.
- WPF Application Quality Guide v0.5 Released! – Ivo Manolov announces the 5th CTP release of the WPF Application Quality Guide, with both new and updated content, including some good content on building test suites in a range of frameworks
- Creating Visual Studio Templates from your Web Projects – Rick Strahl talks about the process of taking a Web Project and making it into a template web project for use in Visual Studio