- Show me the memory: Tool for visualizing virtual memory usage and GC heap usage. – Tess Ferrandez shares a quick and simple version of a tool that one of her colleagues created for internal use, which allows you to visualise the memory allocations in the GC Heap and Virtual Memory
- Code Injection With CCI – Part 2 – Jason Bock continues his series looking into using the Common Compiler Infrastructure to inject aspects into an assembly, in this part exploring the supporting framework code which is required to do the outer part of the process
- How we do MVC – Jimmy Bogard shares a number of views on ASP.NET MVC based upon his 9 months working with it on a production project. Hopefully this list will be expanded into a series of posts going into more detail on each in the near future – real world influenced best practices at work
- Scripting ASP.NET MVC Views Stored In The Database – Phil Haack shares some thoughts and a prototype of the ability to make your ASP.NET MVC views be stored in the database, and allow your users to customise the views to their purposes, using scripting and markup.
- ASP.NET MVC View Location and Performance Issue – Kazi Manzur Rashid digs into the the implementation of View Location in ASP.NET MVC and looks at the performance characteristics of the implementation
- ELMAH: Error Logging Modules and Handlers for ASP.NET (and MVC too!) – Scott Hanselman highlights the wonderful error management provided by the ELMAH project, allowing you to track errors in your application with full details. This is good stuff, and I agree with Scott that something like this being baked into the framework would be really good.
- LINQ to Objects – Debugging – Bart De Smet shares some useful techniques to help debugging Linq queries
- Enhance your ASP.NET Membership-based website by adding Identity Provider capabilities – ‘Vibro’ explores the idea of implementing the Geneva Identity Provider functionality in a standard ASP.NET Membership powered site,allowing you to take advantage of single sign in and claims based authentication. Vibro also provides an introduction to the ASP.NET Membership functionality in the article ‘Create a Minimal ASP.NET Membership Website (that will come in useful in another post)‘
- Repository is Dead: Long Live Repository – Greg Young and Oren Eini (Ayende) are having an interesting discussion about the Repository Pattern. This piece is Greg’s reply to Ayende’s first comments, and Ayende follows up with a reply to Greg in ‘Night of the living Repositories‘
- Functional C# – Composing Through Partial Application – Matthew Podwysocki looks at Functional C# again, with a lookat using partial application in C# to achieve Composition.