- ankhsvn: Ankh 2.0 - The ankhsvn tean announces their latest release of their Subversion plugin for Visual Studio allowing you to work with Subversion from the solution explorer. This release contains a number of new features, including experimental support for VS2010, along with a number of bugfixes and improvements.
- CSLA .NET 3.6.2 beta release - Rockford Lhotka announces his latest CSLA framework release. This beta is feature complete, and will now only have bugfixes added before final release in the next couple of weeks.
- Hot fix available for Visual Studio 2008 SP1 crashing when opening up aspx files (views) on Vista SP1 x64 - Eric Hexter highlights a new HotFix from Microsoft for Visual Studio 2008 SP1 which fixes a crash issue when opening ASPX files on Vista x64. It sounds like a good number of folks have been effected by this issue, so you’ll all be thankful for the fix.
- DDD: The Specification Pattern - Casey Charlton continues his series on DDD practices and principles with a look at the specification pattern, and reminds us that the official home of this content is his new DDD Step By Step website.
- Maestro: A new .Net language for parallel programming from Microsoft - Samuel Jack dropped me an email to highlight a new language from Microsoft called Maestro for developing scalable parallel programs, Samuel has a short write up here about the language with a number of links to related content
- Introducing Maestro - A DSL for Actor Based Concurrency - Following on from the previous item, Matthew Podwysocki talks in some more depth about the language and what its aims are
- What’s the point of Value types? - Mike Hadlow discusses the key difference between DDD value types and immutable entities - its all in the identity
- Exploring MapReduce with F# - Matthew Podwysocki explores one of the most famous Functional constructs, Map Reduce, brought to fame by being the foundation of Google’s ability to search web sized data sets quickly. In this post Matthew shares an implementation in F#
- Microsoft project code named "Velocity" : How to use C# to perform cluster administration in ‘Velocity’ - Shankar Reddy Sama & Rahul Kaura of the Velocity team share some useful looking C# based PowerShell cmdlets for managing Velocity clusters, - and also hint at a Mix09 time-frame release of the Third CTP of Velocity
- Back To Basics: How does the GC find object references - Abhinaba Basu continues his interesting series on Garbage Collection
- Why are scripts slow to load in Firefox when using Visual Studio’s built-in development Web server (a.k.a. Cassini)? - Bertrand Le Roy shares a solution to an interesting sounding issue with FireFox and the built in Visual Studio web server. I can’t say I’ve noticed this slow down, but I do tend to use IIS for local development.
- Collection Of Puzzles For Programmers - SQLDenis shares links to a number of interesting programming problems, things like finding all the Friday 13ths in a given date range to calculating the phases of the moon. I suspect a few of these would make good interview questions.
- DDD South West Registration Opens Tomorrow - Guy Smith-Ferrier announces that Registration for the Developer Developer Developer Day to be held in South West England opens today at 10am (UK)
Alt.Net Seattle Reactions
- Experiencing ALT.NET Seattle 2009 Open Spaces - Scott Hanselman shares his post conference thoughts, and provides a huge array of links to the video footage he captured at the Alt.NET event held in Seattle this weekend
- Alt.Net Seattle Review - Eric Hexter reflects on the Alt.Net Seattle conference reviewing a number of the sessions he attended
- ALT.NET Seattle 2009, some impressions - Ian Cooper performs a memory dump of the things that interested him at the Alt.Net Seattle event this weekend.