Posted by Chris Alcock on 31 Mar 2009 | Tagged as: .NET, Development, Morning Brew
- Mono 2.4 and MonoDevelop 2.0 released – Miguel de Icaza shares the announcement of the final release of both Mono 2.4 the Open Source implementation of the .NET Framework, featuring some significant performance improvements, and also the release of Version 2 of MonoDevelop, the IDE product now featuring integrated debugging
- Paving my machine for a fresh 2009 – First-Pass Must-Haves – Scott Hanselman lists his essential utilities for his 2009 reformat of his desktop machine
- redgate .NET Reflector 126.96.36.199 Released – Paulo Morgado highlights the release of the latest version of Reflector. This update is being supplied over the automatic update on application startup, however the website does not yet appear to have been updated
- Announcing the free ViewModel Tool – Daniel Cazzulino shares the latest update to his Visual Studio Custom tool which takes some of the pain out of creating some of the boiler plate code required to implement ISupportInitialize, ISupportInitializeNotification and IChangeTracking
- MassTransit 0.6 Release Candidate – Chris Patterson announces the release candidate release of MassTransit 0.6, a .NET Service bus implementation for building loosely coupled .NET applications. This release contains a number of new features and other changes, outlined in this post
- WebDD ’09 – Reading – 18th April 2009 – Register – Registrations for this year’s WebDD event to be held at Microsoft’s Reading campus in mid April opened yesterday, and are going fast – by the time you read this there may only be waiting list places available
Comments Off on The Morning Brew #318
Posted by Chris Alcock on 30 Mar 2009 | Tagged as: .NET, Development, Morning Brew
The SQLBits IV conference was very interesting, I’m now looking forward to the team behind the event releasing the videos of the sessions so I can see some of the sessions which clashed with others I was interested in.
- IronPython 2.6 Alpha 1 – Harry Pierson announces the release of IronPython 2.6 Beta 1 which further closes the gap in performance between IronPython and CPython
- StyleCop for ReSharper – Release: 1.0.0.000 (compatible with ReSharper 4.1) – The latest release of StyleCop for Resharper (stable) brings the supported version of StyleCop up to 4.3.1, adds a new automatic updater, and fixes a number of issues. For those on the bleeding edge, there is also a V1.5 beta which supports the (not yet released) Resharper 4.5
Comments Off on The Morning Brew #317
Posted by Chris Alcock on 27 Mar 2009 | Tagged as: .NET, Development, Morning Brew
Looking forward to SQLBits IV tomorrow.
- MvcContrib v1.0 Released! Download now – Jeffrey Palermo announces the release of MvcContrib, he library of extensions for ASP.NET MVC v1 including new view engines, controller factories and a whole load of other bits and pieces
- Announcing Gallio and MbUnit v3.0.6 – Jeff Brown announces the release of the latest version of MbUnit and the Gallio framework, giving a detailed run down of the included functionality
- Grommet: Linq, HTTP/1.1 and more for .NET Micro Framework – Blair Leduc announces Grommet, an implementation of many of the missing features of the full .NET framework on the .NET Micro Framework. This release includes Linq and HTTPWebRequest/Response.
Comments Off on The Morning Brew #316