** Update: I’ve corrected the post number which I typo’d as 389 (although the perma-link will be a constant reminder of the mistake) **
- References are not addresses - Eric Lippert chalenges the common idea that a reference variable stores the address of the object, and long the way explores the concept of references and pointers.
- A Quick Example of YAGNI / Simplest Thing Possible in Action - Jeremy D. Miller shares a real world example of applying the You Ain’t Gonna Need It principle involving a simple decision about using tables over CSS layout - the actual decision may be a contentious one, however the underlying principle behind the decision is sound
- Porting WPF Applications to the Microsoft Surface - Scott Hanselman talks about his experiences porting his BabySmash WPF application to the Microsoft Surface. Given that you have to actually own a Surface to get the SDK (and the surface costs $15K) I think this article will be as close as many of us will come to developing for this technology
- DDD: Services - Casey Charlton continues his series on Domain Driven Design with a look at Services / Domain Services, and how they fit into the DDD picture
- Use Bootstrapper in Your ASP.NET MVC Application and Reduce Code Smell - Kazi Manzur Rashid shows how you can construct and extensible startup boot strapper for your ASP. NET MVC applications to allow all your start up to be specified by configuration.
- Getting Mono and Visual Studio to play nice together - Chris Cyvas shares the results of his exploration into getting Visual Studio to work with Mono templates, the mono compiler and to continue working after upgrading mono.
- Multilevel Undo and Redo implementation in c# -Part I (Using Single Object Representing Change Approach) - RazanPaul has a nice series of posts on Code Project looking at three different ways of doing multi-level undo and redo. Series continues in Part II (Using Command Pattern) and Part III (Using Memento Pattern)
- Results of the Visual Basic Survey: Part 1 Language and Framework Usage - Eric Nelson shares the results from his recent survey about VB6 usage and upgrade plans.
- IronRuby ASP.NET MVC With Filters - Phil Haack talks about the update of an old ASP.NET MVC sample showing the ASP.NET MVC framework working alongside IronRuby
- Challange: The sample legacy database from hell - Ayende is looking for a small slightly evil legacy database for use in his new training course on NHibernate
- Mocking objects that change arguments - Alex Thissen talks abotu some of the more tricky aspects of mocking, dealing with out and ref parameters and how TypeMock deals with these things
- DDD Southwest - Chris Hay shares some more detailed information about the format for the DeveloperDeveloperDeveloper Southwest event
- UK Gigs - Eric Nelson has put together a list of the upcoming events that the Microsoft UK Developer Evangelist team will be speaking at.