OK, the time has come to unveil my Hack for Yahoo Hack Day. Face Ball is the ‘Crazy new game at Flickr HQ‘, and images have been popping up all over flickr as other join in. Well now, you too can join in the fun, and just like Thom Shannon, make your own Face Ball images without risk of injury or special equipment.
Flickr Face Ball is a .NET 2 Windows Forms application that allows you to select images from you Flickr photo stream by tagging them as ‘ToFaceBall’, and add one of three different face ball images to the original photo, uploading the results to your Flickr account.
So, how do you get involved in this craze:
- Ensure you are running Windows with the .NET 2 framework – sorry Mac guys – this one probably isn’t for you.
- Download the Zip File
- Tag a few suitable images on your Flickr photo stream with the tag ‘ToFaceBall’
- Extract the .zip and run FlickrFaceBall.exe
- Enter your Flickr user account name into the box provided and click ‘Fetch From Flickr’
- Wait patiently while it loads the images.
- Choose an Image from the thumbnail strip at the bottom of the screen, choose a ball from the pallet on the left, and click on the image to position it.
- When you have achieved the look you want, click save, enter a title and description, followed by Authenticate.
- When prompted in your browser, please allow the application to upload the images.
- Finally, click upload, and (hopefully) your creation will be be uploaded to your flickr stream.
FlickrFaceBall uses the Flickr.NET API Implementation - I have only good things to say about this library – it just works
Please Note: This program is hack quality code – It’s not been tested much, and if it breaks your computer, flickr account, or anything else, its your own responsibility.